Old55
Posted
Posted

Waterfront is just south of IT Park.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Just one but it's a good one:  https://centralbloccebu.sedahotels.com/  and connected to the new Ayala mall.

Edited by Kingpin

Kingpin, thanks for the information.  I went online and found a Seda Central Block Cebu and Seda Ayala Center Cebu.  Is Seda Central Block the property next to the mall?

JamesBond
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Kingpin, thanks for the information.  I went online and found a Seda Central Block Cebu and Seda Ayala Center Cebu.  Is Seda Central Block the property next to the mall?

They're both next to Ayala malls. Seda Ayala Center is next to the big Ayala Center Cebu, not IT Park. Seda Central Bloc is next to IT Park and another (smaller?) Ayalay mall. I haven't been to that one.

• Thanks 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JamesBond said:

They're both next to Ayala malls. Seda Ayala Center is next to the big Ayala Center Cebu, not IT Park. Seda Central Bloc is next to IT Park and another (smaller?) Ayalay mall. I haven't been to that one.

Thanks for the clarification.  We like to be close to enclosed malls for early morning walks before the crowds begin to show up.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

We like to be close to enclosed malls for early morning walks before the crowds begin to show up.

Somebody near these malls can correct me if wrong, but it seems to me the Ayala Malls in Cebu do not allow anyone in except employees before 10 am. The exceptions are the roped off food areas like Jolibee when they have a separate entrance.  But maybe 10 am is an early morning walk for you.  The crowds arrive then too.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Somebody near these malls can correct me if wrong, but it seems to me the Ayala Malls in Cebu do not allow anyone in except employees before 10 am. The exceptions are the roped off food areas like Jolibee when they have a separate entrance.  But maybe 10 am is an early morning walk for you.  The crowds arrive then too.

Thanks.  I am hoping they open earlier since it is the Christmas season.  If it's cool early morning during the holiday season, we can also walk outdoors.  

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Somebody near these malls can correct me if wrong, but it seems to me the Ayala Malls in Cebu do not allow anyone in except employees before 10 am.

If you say you're going to the supermarket, they let you in at 9.

1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

we can also walk outdoors.  

Then you want to be in IT park. The mall inside IT park is terrible for walking around though, compared to the big Ayala or SMs, SM Seaside is one of the biggest malls in the world, you could walk for hours.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

Then you want to be in IT park. The mall inside IT park is terrible for walking around though, compared to the big Ayala or SMs, SM Seaside is one of the biggest malls in the world, you could walk for hours.

Thanks.  I haven't stayed in Cebu recently and there has been a lot of new development.  Our plan is to use Cebu City as a base and visit nearby destinations for one day or several days.  Possibly the total stay will be one month.

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think the terraces at Ayala mall may be open earlier. I seem to recall going to Bo’s coffee before 9am. But that was a while ago and it may have changed by now. Maybe you can ask on their wastebook page. 

Edited by Gator

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The crowds arrive then too.

Certainly no crowds in Ayala It park at any time except sometimes in the supermarket. 

12 hours ago, JJReyes said:

If you want cheaper hotels there are 2 within a 2 minute walk to Ayala IT Park

• Like 1