This can't be an original is it?

Scooter
Posted
Posted

Well if this is an original then I probably just hooked one of you up with over 100k profit . If so come in now at least kick down a finder fee. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/481676200315467/

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Scooter said:

I probably just hooked one of you up with over 100k profit

I see the price on it is 750PHP.  I suspect it is 750K if original.  Is that a good deal?  Google says it is worth between $20,000 and $30,000 USD but that would be to a collector in the US

Scooter
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I see the price on it is 750PHP.  I suspect it is 750K if original.  Is that a good deal?  Google says it is worth between $20,000 and $30,000 USD but that would be to a collector in the US

I seen more than that if it was a McQueen which was the original I guess .I believe it said McQueen I seen from 30-130k USD. It just looked dam clean I thought. But what do I know that's 42 years before I was born

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Scooter said:

It just looked dam clean I thought

Philippine auto-restorers are very good at making older vehicles look real good on the outside and making old drivetrains run real good.  The in between stuff is the problem.  Electric wires held together with black tape, rusting undercarriage given a coat of rustoleum, rubber gaskets thrown out because replacements cannot be found.  I had 2 older vehicles restored during my time in the Philippines and that was my experience with each of them.  I would l not have much faith in a Jeep reno beyond having it look good on the outside and run decently.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

I know some people at Gotham Garage that would love to get their hands on that...  They hot rodded a Korean war vintage ambulance...

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I looked into one a few years ago just out of curiosity, there are a few around but the majority have swapped out engines.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

If I wanted one for driving, not collecting, these are cool!

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Philippine auto-restorers are very good at making older vehicles look real good...

Most of my neighbours are great at doing the exact opposite of that! 

• Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Most of my neighbours are great at doing the exact opposite of that! 

Well I did say I have only watched, paid for and examined two complete renos in the Phils so purely anecdotal reasoning on my part.  I am sure you have watched and closely examined many more than that.  How may exactly?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Well I did say I have only watched, paid for and examined two complete renos in the Phils so purely anecdotal reasoning on my part.  I am sure you have watched and closely examined many more than that.  How may exactly?

Huh...did you wake up before your sense of humour today?

• Haha 3