ECC question

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am planning to fly out of Philippines in a while following roughly 7 months of stay, not sure if from Mactan or NAIA yet, but I wanted to make sure I can get the ECC at the airport these days. I messaged BI and they referred me to the 'Port Operations Division'. I emailed them and got the following reply:

Based on the existing immigration guidelines, foreigners with temporary visitor's visas may be issued ECC to any international airport provided that their stay in the Philippines is more than 6 months but less than a year and they were issued a Special Security Registration Number (SSRN).

Technically I'm a tourist who extended his stay, I have my ACR card, there is a field 'SSRN' printed on it but it is empty. I assume SSRN is applied in their system though although not visible on the card? 2 years ago (in the midst of the restrictions), I obtained my ECC at NAIA without a problem under these exact conditions (SSRN field also empty on the ACR card back then).

Thoughts anyone? I think it's pretty safe to say it can be done at the airport?

Edited by Old55
Split to new topic

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, jimdones said:

Thoughts anyone?

Years ago, the SSRN number was given when a long term tourist went into a BI office and filled out a ton of documents that ended up stacked against the wall, (in the Dumaguete office for sure), and never looked at.  The SSRN number was on a slip of paper stapled in the back of my passport.  As I recall, they stopped that useless, paper-wasting, program so I would not expect most tourists to have or need an SSRN number.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, jimdones said:

Thoughts anyone? I think it's pretty safe to say it can be done at the airport?

When I asked a few weeks ago they told me to go to Cebu Immigration office so I would not count on doing  it at the airport. You can do it any any office so best to get it done to be sure. If you do use Cebu as per my topic a few weeks ago I advise you to go to Mactan office and not main office or they will make you wait 3 days to pick it up or suggest a high donation to have it done in an hour.

Also if flying out of Cebu international airport be advised that its been reduced in size at this time so once you check in and go through immigration there are no food shops and only a vending machine and maybe 3 gates being used. Nothing there but seats to wait. And immigration queue might be long.  If you are on a visa run and returning in a few days expect to be grilled and advised to obtain a visa. Don't forget your One health Pass to return and 3 shots prior to be allowed entry. 

Oh and SRRN number is on your ARC card at the front.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the tips :smile: There is no SSRN on my ACR card, just an empty SSRN field (says "SSRN:" with no number following it). But then again I understood that once you get an ACR, you're basically being registered and therefore issued an SSRN, whether you can see it on the card or not. And 2 years ago, under very similar circumstances, I did do an ECC at the airport (NAIA).

I need to fly to Cebu or Manila in order to fly out from either, and I'd probably want to stay at least a few days in any of them before flying out. So I think I'll simply ask at the airport once I land there. So I should update here with whatever happens..

Edited by jimdones

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimdones said:

Thanks for the tips :smile: There is no SSRN on my ACR card, just an empty SSRN field (says "SSRN:" with no number following it). But then again I understood that once you get an ACR, you're basically being registered and therefore issued an SSRN, whether you can see it on the card or not. And 2 years ago, under very similar circumstances, I did do an ECC at the airport (NAIA).

I need to fly to Cebu or Manila in order to fly out from either, and I'd probably want to stay at least a few days in any of them before flying out. So I think I'll simply ask at the airport once I land there. So I should update here with whatever happens..

Any reason not to do it at an office where it's completely sure rather than take a chance at the airport?  Maybe just time?

gabgab
Posted
Posted

Going back and forth twice (I understood they don't release it on the spot), needing to take photos (they don't require photos at the airport), it's just the hassle basically. Not to mention that if I'm in Cebu then the current recommendation is to go do it in Mactan..

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimdones said:

Going back and forth twice (I understood they don't release it on the spot), needing to take photos (they don't require photos at the airport), it's just the hassle basically. Not to mention that if I'm in Cebu then the current recommendation is to go do it in Mactan..

Maybe a travel agent could do it for a reasonable cost?  I never tried at the airport because I thought you had to do it beforehand.

• 2 weeks later...
Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I am departing from Manila airport, any suggestions on how much time I need to get my ECC done there?

gabgab
Posted
Posted

When I did it in 2020 it was done at passport control. Meaning, you go to the border guard to get your passport stamp on your way to the boarding gates, and he refers you to the ECC booth which is a few steps from there. It shouldn't take than a few minutes but obviously arrive a bit earlier to the airport in any case.

Please report your experience since I'm planning on doing the same in a few weeks :)

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, jimdones said:

When I did it in 2020 it was done at passport control. Meaning, you go to the border guard to get your passport stamp on your way to the boarding gates, and he refers you to the ECC booth which is a few steps from there. It shouldn't take than a few minutes but obviously arrive a bit earlier to the airport in any case.

Please report your experience since I'm planning on doing the same in a few weeks :)

I also am gathering my receipts for my 4 extensions just in case I get a pedantic person.