Cheapest way to get cash from Wells Fargo here

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

Thank you, JJ.  I will have to check that out re the special Wells Fargo ATM card to be used for global ATM use, if I understand you correctly.

It is a standard ATM card, not a global ATM, but fees on both sides of the transaction are waived or absorb by Wells Fargo due to my "good customer" status.  I can also request bank checks without the customary $8 charge.  A friend informed me that he has a HKSB (Hong Kong Shanghai Bank) account.  He claims the ability to send money globally for pickup at anther HKSB.  After arrival, he presents identification for money pickup in dollars or pesos.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Scooter said:

I know there is many methods to getting cash out . I am wondering from you experienced people which ways you think are the cheapest and quickest way to get cash. 

How many banks have you tried to open an account at?  It might help if you can find an expat account holder with a large account to take you in and introduce you to the bank manager.  A large deposit would help too.

If you are able to get accounts opened, it will relieve some of the pain!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
longway
Posted
Posted
On 8/27/2022 at 12:27 PM, JJReyes said:

It is a standard ATM card, not a global ATM,

I just tell my bank I will be in X country(s) such and such dates and I want my ATM card to work when I am there. They make some entries into the computer and that's it.  Actually the last time I was there they told me I could do it myself on their website. Never tried that, I guess I just feel better with a face to face.

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, longway said:

I just tell my bank I will be in X country(s) such and such dates and I want my ATM card to work when I am there. They make some entries into the computer and that's it.  Actually the last time I was there they told me I could do it myself on their website. Never tried that, I guess I just feel better with a face to face.

Two of my banks have stopped doing travel notifications. They say they rely on their "advanced algorithm" to identify fraud wherever you use your card. Let's just say I'm skeptical.))) That said I am a big proponent of Charles Schwab Bank. ATM fees refunded and have never been declined and I have traveled to some dicey places.

Edited by baronapart
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 11/23/2022 at 9:27 AM, baronapart said:

Two of my banks have stopped doing travel notifications.

Same here in the Philippines banks. When we went to Malaysia 4 months back we let BPI know and they said we dont have to tell them any more. Had no issue with the card working.

• Like 1