Kirkland Lean Ground Beef

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gas said:

Wolfgang's is very popular just now in Manila but it’s not geared towards tourists. 
The Porterhouse is 8,976php

Wolgang's is great if someone else is paying.  I eliminated this restaurant from my bucket list because there are others at a more reasonable price.  

Although my wife does not eat pork, she said it's okay for us to go to several restaurants specializing in lechon.  I am curious to compare Manila and Cebu lechon to determine if there is a difference or if this is just hyped to get you to eat the Cebu version (purportedly superior).

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Wolgang's is great if someone else is paying.  I eliminated this restaurant from my bucket list because there are others at a more reasonable price.  

Although my wife does not eat pork, she said it's okay for us to go to several restaurants specializing in lechon.  I am curious to compare Manila and Cebu lechon to determine if there is a difference or if this is just hyped to get you to eat the Cebu version (purportedly superior).

My wife, born and raised in Moalboal, has told me on many occasions that Cebu lechon is "the best".  Sounds odd to me, they stuff the inside with herbs, etc, then roast it over fire.  No one claims they use a secret ingredient or method, just claim it as the best.  Same is true for mangos, Cebu mango is the best.  With different strains of mango being grown, when to pick, time to market, etc.  I suppose there could be some truth to that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On 8/28/2022 at 7:35 AM, JJReyes said:

We enjoy visiting Custer Park in South Dakota and Theodore Roosevelt National Park because of their large, free range Bisons.  Custer has an annual round up to vaccinate and cull their herds.  The culls are donated to Native American tribes that still have herds (to prevent in-breeding).  Spectators number around 30,000.  The Bisons at this park are around 3,000.  

We ended up in  middle of a massive bison movement in Yellowstone last year and it was awesome.  Massive creatures!  THe bonus was that two males got into a fight about 40 feet from our car on side of road....The instigator flopped down and started rolling around on his  back like a dog would, then sprang up and charged the other bull and the fight was on.  Lasted maybe 20 seconds.   As for the meat love it and the organic beef at Costco...All good stuff. 

• Like 1