PNP monthly check on foreigner's

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)

About a month or so ago a policeman came to visit me (and all foreigners in the area). He told me the reason was that they've started conducting monthly checks on all foreigners and asked me to fill out the A4 sheets shown below. Today, he turned up again while I was out and left the paperwork for me to complete again :89:

Been here many years, never had to do this ...as anyone else seen this before? 

Bullshit

It looks like a 10yr old made the form...not sure what would happen if you refused to fill it out...one of questions is asking about business... Hmmm... 

Edited by Colsie

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Nothing so far in my area - maybe a localised thing?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Colsie said:

as anyone else seen this before? 

I would defiantly get ahold of the barangay or sity hall and find out if this is authorized. Not a week goes buy where there is not a news story about a fake PNP, BI was even a fake supreme court guy trying to skam people. 

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Colsie said:

About a month or so ago a policeman came to visit me (and all foreigners in the area). He told me the reason was that they've started conducting monthly checks on all foreigners and asked me to fill out the A4 sheets shown below. Today, he turned up again while I was out and left the paperwork for me to complete again :89:

Wait till Christmas.  He will come calling for his traditional gift.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Nothing like that here either.

• Like 3

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Never heard of this before ! Been here now for 11yrs only time the police came to our house was regarding the late policeman brothers pension details !

Next time he comes ask him for his id and then go to the local police office to see if he really is a police officer .

The forms do not have any PNP logos etc ,

and nearly all of the info asked for is in the immigration computer system

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This check in has come up before several years ago. I dont see much legit about it as immigration controls foreigners and not police. Imagine if they had to give a form in person to every foreigner here, it would take forever to find them. 

• Like 3

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Colsie said:

a policeman came to visit me (and all foreigners in the area).

Another reason to live in a  gated subdivision.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Another reason to live in a  gated subdivision.

They came to visit my in a gated subdivision years ago.  The guards did not stop them.  In fact, some of the cops lived in the same subdivision.  But they only told me about the requirement to register with the barangay and never came back to see if I had done it.