Energy Situation - UK and Europe

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think a few members had mentioned UK energy prices going through the roof.  I just looked it up, and wow!  This is scary!  I can't post it all, but a lot of stats in this link.

https://www.nimblefins.co.uk/average-cost-electricity-kwh-uk

The energy costs for Q4 2022 are going be triple or more Q4 2021!  Civil unrest ahead?

Is Europe the same?  Is this all about Putin or is the root cause all of the policies that let Putin have this "energy power" over UK and Europe?  Wars are fought over this kind of stuff.

Edited by OnMyWay

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I think a few members had mentioned UK energy prices going through the roof.  I just looked it up, and wow!  This is scary!  I can't post it all, but a lot of stats in this link.

https://www.nimblefins.co.uk/average-cost-electricity-kwh-uk

The energy costs for Q4 2022 are going be triple or more Q4 2021!  Civil unrest ahead?

Is Europe the same?  Is this all about Putin or is the root cause all of the policies that let Putin have this "energy power" over UK and Europe?  Wars are fought over this kind of stuff.

It’s all a worry at the moment , I had my panic attacked the other week when my energy suppler told me what they was going to charge me each month by direct debit for what they forecast I would be using for the year ahead ,not what I will actually use, but I will put a stop to that by stopping my direct debit and send them a reading each month and pay only for what I use .

Whos to blame , who knows but Putin is being blamed for every problem this country and maybe the world is going through , so myself I’m thinking it’s our government fault, are they trying to get as much money in by a way of tax from utilities to pay fir the Brexit, Covid, our Migrant crisis and any other crisis that seems to come every month , it could be worst I could be poor with loads of kids  and out of work claiming benefits , hang about they seem to get help with everything and don’t give a dam.

• Like 3

Major Tom
Posted
Posted

I really believe the stories about how Putin is dying from an incurable type of cancer... SERIOUSLY!!!... and he wants to take the whole dang world DOWN with him. I hate to say this but I believe that the good old USA will be dragged even more and more into this latest (and newest) European war. WHAT ELSE IS NEW?

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Iranian government went from mortal enemy labeled as terrorist to neutral because they have crude oil that the West needs.  Russia went from neutral with over 1,000 major Western companies doing business to a pariah nation.  China and India claim they are nations friendly to Russia, provided the Russians are willing to sell oil at 30% discount.  Aah, the brotherhood of nations except it is a free for all fight for a valuable resource.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

07E54A35-5275-4A59-AC5F-4B34A6CA2DC9.jpeg

• Haha 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Lieutenant Dan said:

I really believe the stories about how Putin is dying from an incurable type of cancer... SERIOUSLY!!!... and he wants to take the whole dang world DOWN with him. I hate to say this but I believe that the good old USA will be dragged even more and more into this latest (and newest) European war. WHAT ELSE IS NEW?

It's not a European war, nor one of Europe's choosing. 

• Like 2

Major Tom
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

It's not a European war

So, where is the Ukraine located? If it’s not in Europe, where is it located?

1DF48FDC-5FA1-485C-AFC2-58E1B127D14D.jpeg

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

304763982_3004200666544586_7056152423543789762_n.jpg

• Haha 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

My personal opinion we are all being played for fools.  Trade embargos are in place to artificialy inflate commodities while friendly nations continue to purchase through the back door, repackage it and sell it back to the lucky consumers at an inflated price, probably to make up for the money spent on covid. 

Without getting into politics there's some very wealthy people making good money out of this while holding down high powered positions, a certain President has just been found to be renting out this 4m Euro Italian villa to Russians that he bought as a budding actor.  The same President who appears in the Paradise Papers. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Lieutenant Dan said:

So, where is the Ukraine located? If it’s not in Europe, where is it located?

Ukraine is located in eastern Europe but that does not make it a European war.  Russia is located in Asia but that does not make it an Asian war.  Two continents are involved but that does not make it a World war.  Its the same kind of war that the US fought with Iraq to establish a regime change.  Its just that the US was better at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1