It Only took me 29 years...............

Major Tom
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, scott h said:

So after 4 days of almost continuous rain, and I see her watering the front yard (fully exposed) plants this morning......I wisely kept my trap SHUT....

As my Asawa always tells me: "just go with the flow."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

I dont know about the rest of you. But I have a bad habit of when I see something thats not right I open my pie hole and say something about it.........

My Asawa tends to take constructive comments as a personal affront.

So after 4 days of almost continuous rain, and I see her watering the front yard (fully exposed) plants this morning......I wisely kept my trap SHUT....

It still doesnt make sense though :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

got it.png

In the sun no doubt, so it's going to evaporate before it soaks in... Does my head in.  

Water sprinklers on on a sunny day is another thing gets me wanting to bang my head on things..  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

In our house it seems that the family will do everything in their power to keep the heat inside.  Opening up first thing in the morning when it's still cool inside, closing windows in the early afternoon when the breeze comes up, putting furniture in front of doors and windows that blocks airflow.. 

I now keep my mouth shut, there's other hills to die on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm with you Dave. 

I look at it this way......

42D5FE90-C95A-4A80-9210-E490C1012FD4.jpeg

• Love it 1
  • Haha 3

Kingpin
Posted
Posted

Any old plant can have free rain water, but rich plants get CITY water.

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, BrettGC said:

In our house it seems that the family will do everything in their power to keep the heat inside. 

Or letting the cold out. If my sainted mother was still alive she would be going hoarse yelling "Shut the door, were you born in a barn!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, scott h said:

My Asawa tends to take constructive comments as a personal affront.

Seems like a good and interesting topic.

I have a feeling that what constitutes 'constructive criticism' that is helpful and inoffensive here with many Pinoy is often seen differently. Maybe it has to do with the delivery method, tone, phrasing and approach.

Better to tread softly and indirectly with offering constructive suggests, depending on who you are addressing. Many here see suggestions about how or what they do as offensive, it sometimes seems to me. As a result I think twice about saying anything, or spend a few moments thinking through how to approach the subject with my asawa.  With others, I say nothing, but might confide in her, and let her decide to say anything in her way or just remain silent and let nature take its inevitable course.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

It Only took me 29 years...............  crap, you mean I have 12 more years to go before this stops happening . . . :9436:

• Haha 5