coming in with cash thats over the limit

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sanagimo said:

so is it better just not declare? 

A good scanner at any airport may or may not be able to determine if you are transporting a wad of cash.  Are you willing to chance it?  IMHO it is better to follow the law.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

A good scanner at any airport may or may not be able to determine if you are transporting a wad of cash.  Are you willing to chance it?  IMHO it is better to follow the law.

Or even without a scanner.

102834.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sanagimo said:

Seriously - You are asking forum members if it is a good idea to break the law?  :bash:

• Thanks 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 9/7/2022 at 7:00 PM, Colsie said:

I remember when I opened a bank account here at East West Bank and they wouldn't let me open the account unless I could prove where I had got the funds from... Simple I thought as I showed them I had withdrawn it from the BPI bank across the road... But no, that wasn't good enough, again I had to show them documents from my super fund and transmittal from Australia... 

Curious here as I went to East West to open an account and was told only a Philippine citizen can be an account holder.

Colsie
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, RBM said:

"Curious here as I went to East West to open an account and was told only a Philippine citizen can be an account holder."

I'm not a Filipino citizen and I opened an account. I opened a Time Deposit investment and a savings account for when the investment matured.

Sounds about right for the Philippines ask a different person and you'll get a different answer.

If you do ask again and get refused, you should also ask them to show you where it's written down that they're not allowed to take foreigners money :hystery:

As you can see from the requirements below, there's no mention this "Filopinos only rule" and I am proof that it not true. 

Screenshot_20221008-154330_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Colsie said:

"Curious here as I went to East West to open an account and was told only a Philippine citizen can be an account holder."

I'm not a Filipino citizen and I opened an account. I opened a Time Deposit investment and a savings account for when the investment matured.

Sounds about right for the Philippines ask a different person and you'll get a different answer.

If you do ask again and get refused, you should also ask them to show you where it's written down that they're not allowed to take foreigners money :hystery:

As you can see from the requirements below, there's no mention this "Filopinos only rule" and I am proof that it not true. 

Yep...in such situations best to speak to the manager

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Colsie said:

Sorry little of topic, would you happen to know current best time deposit interest rates they offer? Say 1 year fixed.

sanagimo
Posted
Posted
On 10/7/2022 at 8:21 AM, sanagimo said:

sorry guys it was just a random statement. no hidden bullshit. SORRY

• Like 4