Vegetable Oils

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

There are other sources out there but I thought this was a good summary.  Some might call this a conspiracy theory, but I think this is legit.  We have been scammed by big business, the gov and the American Heart association.  Millions have probably died as a result.  This is highlighted in the U.S, but other countries followed.  Despite legitimate studies finally disproving all of the "polyunsaturated fat is good, saturated fat is bad" theories, most sources and doctors are still pushing it.  Corruption at it's finest.  Semi-related to Covid because a high % of people who have died of Covid were severely unhealthy before they caught Covid, and many of these people have followed the government's diet recommendations.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We have been scammed by big business, the gov and the American Heart association.

Not just once. And yet we call The Philippines an Oligarchy of Elites...

original.jpg

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Fine for you that you are at the stage of life where you don't care how much longer you live.  I have younger kids.  I want to be healthy and alert for them as long as possible.  For me, enjoying life now is to be with my kids and family, and be here for them.  Changing my diet to eliminate sugar, grains and bad oils is has been life changing for me.  Huge weight loss, more energy, pre-diabetes gone, HBP almost gone, many body aches and pains reduced, etc.  I'm fairly certain I have added years to my life, but if I drop dead I will post about it.

I do maintain a relatively healthy lifestyle.  No soda or high sugar beverages.  Just water and coffee twice a day.  No beer, wines and spirits since we are part of a research project for cancer survivors.  This is actually big savings.  Mediterranean diet for Western cuisine and primarily Japanese for Asian.  What I don't worry is consuming certain Philippine foods such as lechon and snacking on fried chicken skin.  No guilt trip for eating chips while watching American football or basketball.

Our children are grown-up, and they both have more accumulated wealth/assets than their parents.  We can spend our money without worrying about their possible future financial needs.  Unfortunately, I do have body aches and back pain.  My latest bone density test indicates normal, so the search continues.  I do need an airport wheelchair since long walks bother me.  Big advantage is special lines through immigration and customs.  

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Besides, I am still waiting for studies showing how many vegans are killed by a bus or an auto.  Their diet didn't help avoid an accident.

I'm no vegan, but that's totally not the point.

• 2 weeks later...
baronapart
Posted
Posted
On 9/6/2022 at 10:59 AM, OnMyWay said:

Fine for you that you are at the stage of life where you don't care how much longer you live.  I have younger kids.  I want to be healthy and alert for them as long as possible.  For me, enjoying life now is to be with my kids and family, and be here for them.  Changing my diet to eliminate sugar, grains and bad oils is has been life changing for me.  Huge weight loss, more energy, pre-diabetes gone, HBP almost gone, many body aches and pains reduced, etc.  I'm fairly certain I have added years to my life, but if I drop dead I will post about it.

I have followed a keto diet for years and then transitioned to a 100 gram +/- carb diet. Weight training in ketosis was problematic for me but like you it helped reduce joint pain. On100 grams carbs a day I still free great and feel stronger when I exercise. I have stopped trying to convince others about the harm done by vegetable oil, sugar, etc. It's their life. At east I got my wife to cook her food with olive oil. Eliminating white rice for her is never going to happen)))

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On 9/6/2022 at 4:08 AM, OnMyWay said:

There are other sources out there but I thought this was a good summary.  Some might call this a conspiracy theory, but I think this is legit.  We have been scammed by big business, the gov and the American Heart association.  Millions have probably died as a result.  This is highlighted in the U.S, but other countries followed.  Despite legitimate studies finally disproving all of the "polyunsaturated fat is good, saturated fat is bad" theories, most sources and doctors are still pushing it.  Corruption at it's finest.  Semi-related to Covid because a high % of people who have died of Covid were severely unhealthy before they caught Covid, and many of these people have followed the government's diet recommendations.

60's

You are correct Don and certainly not a conspiracy theory.  Seed oils like this are garbage for your body, but they keep on pushing them, on Americans at least, as healthy for you, etc, while demonizing animal fats, etc.  It's no secret any longer that the sugar industry Paid researchers way back in 60s or 70s to demonize animal fats as cause of  heart disease and other health issues, when it's just the opposite.  I know multiple people who switched to carnivore and keto diets who became much leaner And their blood work numbers and health greatly improved.  I was already lean, but did several months last year of mostly carnivore and cut out all typical seed oils, going with beef tallow, lard and grass fed butter and my energy levels were through the roof.   I only stopped doing mostly carnivore because I got bored eating mostly steak, eggs, raw milk, goats milk etc for months (maybe wouldn't have if could've afforded ribeys and T-bones or filets) and added in berries and a few select berries, with 1 cheat day per week....still felt good.

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

Looking at photos of my family back in the 40's, 50's and 60's I can see them getting progressively larger weight wise, especially in the late 60's. I discussed this with my mother who is still doing well in her 90's [bought a new car when she was 89 :no:] She said when she was growing up they ate what they grew in the garden and fresh meat was on Sunday. Cured meats were common for breakfast. Bread was made every day. Just out of habit she fed us the same way until she went to work and we ate more food bought at the market. I think the necessary convenience of processed foods has made a big difference. In the USA it takes two people working just to maintain an decent standard of living. While traveling in the US she noticed the huge number of restaurants and asked how the restaurants stayed in business, "Doesn't anyone know how to cook?" I said they apparently know how to eat, they're huge.

Here in the Philippines I eat fairly healthy but I do miss the variety of vegetables. First country I've lived in where fresh beans and peas are not available beyond the long green ones. Even the dried variety which are a staple in many countries are nonexistent here even though an excellent source of protein.

Maintaining a balanced healthy diet can be a challenge here. Occasionally I just give up and gorge on crispy pata and sisig. God gave us blood pressure medicine for a reason.

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Greglm said:

First country I've lived in where fresh beans and peas are not available beyond the long green ones.

Must be the area you live. Plenty of beans. Things like peas don't grow in every climate well but nothing wrong with frozen. 

• Like 1