Vegetable Oils

OnMyWay

There are other sources out there but I thought this was a good summary.  Some might call this a conspiracy theory, but I think this is legit.  We have been scammed by big business, the gov and the American Heart association.  Millions have probably died as a result.  This is highlighted in the U.S, but other countries followed.  Despite legitimate studies finally disproving all of the "polyunsaturated fat is good, saturated fat is bad" theories, most sources and doctors are still pushing it.  Corruption at it's finest.  Semi-related to Covid because a high % of people who have died of Covid were severely unhealthy before they caught Covid, and many of these people have followed the government's diet recommendations.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We have been scammed by big business, the gov and the American Heart association.

Not just once. And yet we call The Philippines an Oligarchy of Elites...

original.jpg

• Like 2

I take a skeptic view of studies done by large corporations and government designed to confirm a viewpoint.  Similarly, you have to be careful about YouTube videos.  The truth is unimportant.  The objective is to get as large an audience as possible because compensation is based on numbers.  

There was a time period when olive oil was considered bad for you.  Later this was changed to good.  Canola oil is promoted as good.  Premium pricing, cheap to manufacture, producers love it.  The food taste when you use Canola oil wasn't taken into consideration.  I am glad to have reached an age, beyond my original expectation, that I don't need worry anymore.  A healthy diet may add two years, a poor diet may subtract two years.  So what?  Just enjoy life.  Too late to become a vegan.  Besides, I am still waiting for studies showing how many vegans are killed by a bus or an auto.  Their diet didn't help avoid an accident.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

54 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Fine for you that you are at the stage of life where you don't care how much longer you live.  I have younger kids.  I want to be healthy and alert for them as long as possible.  For me, enjoying life now is to be with my kids and family, and be here for them.  Changing my diet to eliminate sugar, grains and bad oils is has been life changing for me.  Huge weight loss, more energy, pre-diabetes gone, HBP almost gone, many body aches and pains reduced, etc.  I'm fairly certain I have added years to my life, but if I drop dead I will post about it.

I do maintain a relatively healthy lifestyle.  No soda or high sugar beverages.  Just water and coffee twice a day.  No beer, wines and spirits since we are part of a research project for cancer survivors.  This is actually big savings.  Mediterranean diet for Western cuisine and primarily Japanese for Asian.  What I don't worry is consuming certain Philippine foods such as lechon and snacking on fried chicken skin.  No guilt trip for eating chips while watching American football or basketball.

Our children are grown-up, and they both have more accumulated wealth/assets than their parents.  We can spend our money without worrying about their possible future financial needs.  Unfortunately, I do have body aches and back pain.  My latest bone density test indicates normal, so the search continues.  I do need an airport wheelchair since long walks bother me.  Big advantage is special lines through immigration and customs.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Besides, I am still waiting for studies showing how many vegans are killed by a bus or an auto.  Their diet didn't help avoid an accident.

I'm no vegan, but that's totally not the point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 10:59 AM, OnMyWay said:

Fine for you that you are at the stage of life where you don't care how much longer you live.  I have younger kids.  I want to be healthy and alert for them as long as possible.  For me, enjoying life now is to be with my kids and family, and be here for them.  Changing my diet to eliminate sugar, grains and bad oils is has been life changing for me.  Huge weight loss, more energy, pre-diabetes gone, HBP almost gone, many body aches and pains reduced, etc.  I'm fairly certain I have added years to my life, but if I drop dead I will post about it.

I have followed a keto diet for years and then transitioned to a 100 gram +/- carb diet. Weight training in ketosis was problematic for me but like you it helped reduce joint pain. On100 grams carbs a day I still free great and feel stronger when I exercise. I have stopped trying to convince others about the harm done by vegetable oil, sugar, etc. It's their life. At east I got my wife to cook her food with olive oil. Eliminating white rice for her is never going to happen)))

• Like 3