SS Foreign Enforcement Questionnaire 2022

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Major Tom. 

Please don't post QR code pictures without context. Thank you. 

Edited by Old55

Major Tom
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 9/6/2022 at 10:25 PM, OnMyWay said:

SSA Manila office does not have a barcode reader.

I'm not sure if this will help but combination barcode and QR readers are reasonably priced. Here's one such example.

QR and Barcode Scanner.jpg

17 hours ago, Old55 said:

Major Tom. 

Please don't post QR code pictures without context. Thank you. 

Sorry Old55 but I hope that my updated post is acceptable. If not, please accept my apology and delete my updated post if it's still not acceptable. Thank you.

Edited by Major Tom
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Major Tom said:

I'm not sure if this will help but combination barcode and QR readers are reasonably priced. Here's one such example.

QR and Barcode Scanner.jpg

Sorry Old55 but I hope that my updated post is acceptable. If not, please accept my apology and delete my updated post if it's still not acceptable. Thank you.

Perfect! Thanks for understanding. 

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

The barcode discussion is old and moot at this point.  Follow the current guidance posted above by Migz and reposted here:

image.png.16f6b6d4747560ee9a9ecfbb91d14fec.png

Edited by OnMyWay

• 3 months later...
Migz
Posted
Posted

A lot of expats living in Thailand have received the form 7162 this year. Has anyone here in the Philippines received the form 7162 for 2023?

Rooster
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Migz said:

A lot of expats living in Thailand have received the form 7162 this year. Has anyone here in the Philippines received the form 7162 for 2023?

I'm in The Philippines, I received my 2023 - SSA-7162 a few days ago.  Last year, I mailed the form, months later I received a letter saying they were going to stop SS because they never received it. I immediately called them and they said the phone call was enough for proof of life and gave me a fax number to Fax it in so this year I mailed it and Faxed it 833-914-2018

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Migz
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Rooster said:

I'm in The Philippines, I received my 2023 - SSA-7162 a few days ago.  Last year, I mailed the form, months later I received a letter saying they were going to stop SS because they never received it. I immediately called them and they said the phone call was enough for proof of life and gave me a fax number to Fax it in so this year I mailed it and Faxed it 833-914-2018

Thanks for the input, Rooster. I still haven't received the form 7162 for this year.  Whom and what number did you call, was it FBU-Manila?

Rooster
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Migz said:

Thanks for the input, Rooster. I still haven't received the form 7162 for this year.  Whom and what number did you call, was it FBU-Manila?

I used SKYPE, National 800 Number at 1-800-772-1213 between 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.  Download the form and send it in or Fax it if you haven't received it yet

.Where do I mail my SSA form 7161?  complete your report and return it to the Social Security Administration, P.O. Box 7161, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, 18767-7161, U.S.A.

https://www.ssa.gov/agency/contact/phone.html

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms/images/SSA7/G-SSA-7162-OCR-SM-1.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Migz
Posted
Posted

I just received Form 7162 yesterday, surprisingly because I never got it last year.  I will be mailing it on Monday.

• Like 2