Queen Elizabeth's Death

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

LONDON — The royal family is gathering at the bedside of Queen Elizabeth II, who is under medical supervision at Balmoral Castle in Scotland.

“Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision. The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral,” a statement from Buckingham Palace said.

EDIT:  The QUEEN passed away.  May she RIP.  Topic title edited

This does not look good.  May she recover and live many more years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/09/08/queen-elizabeth-ii/

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Sad 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

To be quite honest I feel a little emotional about this. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

• Dave Hounddriver changed the title to Queen Elizabeth's Death
stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

To be quite honest I feel a little emotional about this. 

You and I , and I am sure many many more people from around the world will be feeling the same way too.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

EDIT:  The QUEEN passed away.  May she RIP.  Topic title edited

This does not look good.  May she recover and live many more years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/09/08/queen-elizabeth-ii/

So sad 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Such poise and grace.  A loss for the UK and for the world as well.  

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

US flags to be flown at half mast on the day of interment as mark of respect.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/joe-biden-orders-flags-to-fly-half-staff-following-queen-elizabeth-s-death-more-than-a-monarch/ar-AA11Cz4I?cvid=1c37e36e51e4426aaa131a2a7bbd417a

President Joe Biden is paying tribute to Queen Elizabeth II with a special order following her death.

In an official statement on Thursday, Buckingham Palace announced that Queen Elizabeth "died peacefully" while at Balmoral. She was 96.

The U.S. President, 79, has since issued a proclamation to honor the late monarch.

"As a mark of respect for the memory of Queen Elizabeth II, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, on the day of interment," it read.

RELATED: Barack and Michelle Obama Remember Queen Elizabeth's Warm Welcome: 'She Meant a Great Deal to Us'

Drew Angerer/Getty
Drew Angerer/Getty
© Provided by People
Under Biden's order, the U.S. flag will also fly at half-staff until sunset "at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations."

Saluting Queen Elizabeth as "more than a monarch," Biden added that she "defined an era."

"In a world of constant change, she was a steadying presence and a source of comfort and pride for generations of Britons, including many who have never known their country without her," he wrote.

He praised Queen Elizabeth for always ruling "with grace, an unwavering commitment to duty, and the incomparable power of her example."

"She was a stateswoman of unmatched dignity and constancy who deepened the bedrock Alliance between the United Kingdom and the United States. She helped make our relationship special," continued Biden.

Speaking to the 70 years of Queen Elizabeth's "history-making reign," Biden said they "bore witness to an age of unprecedented human advancement and the forward march of human dignity."

"Her legacy will loom large in the pages of British history, and in the story of our world," the President added.

The news of Queen Elizabeth's death comes with another history-making moment: She is succeeded immediately by her eldest son, King Charles, 73, who will now be the monarch.

Charles' firstborn son, Prince William, 40, is now next in line to the world's most famous throne, followed by William's firstborn son, Prince George, 9. Her death follows her husband of 73 years, Prince Philip, who died at age 99 in June 2021.

In its statement, Buckingham Palace said, "The King and The Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow."

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted

I wonder if she watched 'The Crown'...

Gator
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Mike J said:

Such poise and grace.  A loss for the UK and for the world as well.  

Quite so, a true Lady by every definition of the word. The Queen is dead. God Save the King. 

• Like 2

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
On 9/9/2022 at 6:54 AM, Kingpin said:

I wonder if she watched 'The Crown'...

She did apparently according to Charles....whoops King Charles as now is.

Queen Elizabeth II was an amazing knowledgeable monarch with a great sense of humour...dedication to her country above all else...she set the bar high for all who follow her. May she rest in peace.

I believe Charles will make a great King.

• Like 1