Need a pump boat motor

Scooter
Posted
Posted

Looking to purchase a 30 meter pump boat . I've got two in particular I'm looking at, one is much cheaper but needs a motor. Can someone point me in the right direction , preferably with a contact person. Of a motor suitable for this boat . Will be used for trips from Cebu to Bohol or Bohol to Leyte so decent size if anything I'd rather have a bigger motor than needed . Used in good condition or new. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 

Gator
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Scooter said:

Looking to purchase a 30 meter pump boat . I've got two in particular I'm looking at, one is much cheaper but needs a motor. Can someone point me in the right direction , preferably with a contact person. Of a motor suitable for this boat . Will be used for trips from Cebu to Bohol or Bohol to Leyte so decent size if anything I'd rather have a bigger motor than needed . Used in good condition or new. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 

I presume for a boat that large it’s an inboard and diesel? Any idea what was in it and how many HP you’re looking for? I can ask my asawa as she has some family near Moalboal who are fishermen. 

Scooter
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Gator said:

I presume for a boat that large it’s an inboard and diesel? Any idea what was in it and how many HP you’re looking for? I can ask my asawa as she has some family near Moalboal who are fishermen. 

4DR56 I believe is what is in the boat currently

On 8/20/2022 at 10:38 PM, OnMyWay said:

Scooter
Posted
Posted

Also ISO an used  outboard motor minimum of 15hp if anyone knows of one. 

Scooter
Posted
Posted

Looking to purchase a boat this size. That's the inboard motor I'm searching for

Screenshot_20220910-235436_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220910-235406_Facebook.jpg

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Scooter said:

4DR56 I believe is what is in the boat currently

Workhorse of an engine. Might also check scrap yards for one out of a Pajero. I’ll ask my asawa to check with her family. 

Scooter
Posted
Posted

ve seen multiple types of engines in these boats from the 4dr56 to dual 16hp Honda motors. I think there is wiggle room as long as the motor has the power to push it. IDK what motor would be best . I read something where a guy ( dumbed down description) build a tube around his propeller  to eliminate damaging in low water. Which according to him also helped with speed. Makes sense. I'm having The wings extended on the boat Im buying,  as well as increasing the supports for these wings, to give more balance. would love to get a faster motor than the 4dr56. which is more of a power house than speedster. BUT motor size is not my strong suit. I need enough power to go along with the extra speed. Any Mechanic guys have any suggestions? 

Scooter
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gator said:

Workhorse of an engine. Might also check scrap yards for one out of a Pajero. I’ll ask my asawa to check with her family. 

Thank you I appreciate it.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

Did a google search for "4dr56 engine for sale Philippines" and on the top hits was Facebook "Japan Surplus Engines and Auto Parts".   

Edited by Mike J

Scooter
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Did a google search for "d56 engine for sale Philippines" and on the top hits was Facebook "Japan Surplus Engines and Auto Parts".   

i was searching 4dr56 and my phone was so slow, the flies were driving me mad where i was i just couldnt take anymore. thats when i asked you guys and took off on my shiity scooter for a ride to ease my mind. DAM IT JUST MADE IT WORSE CAUSE I MISS MY HARLEY  lol. ill try as you said this time

• Haha 1