Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

BPI online is 58.10 right now.

Now BPI is 58.25.  XE is 58.39.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

You American guys should thank me.  Every time I exchange, the rate goes higher.

Yesterday, we went to the bank so my wife's sister could change $100.  I had checked the rate before we left and I think BPI online was 57.35.  I saw that XE had dropped a bit, so I told them 57.25 would be a good rate.  Initially, I did not go in the bank, and my came out to tell me that the manager offered 57.60!  We jumped on it and made a larger exchange.  Then we got home, and the online rate was 57.70, so I did another 1k.  Then the online rate closed at 57.85 last night, so I did another 1k last night.

Today, XE and BPI seemed to stabilize with BPI online at 58.25 all morning and early afternoon.  So I did another 1K at 58.25 at 2 pm.  By 3 pm BPI was at 58.30.  XE is 58.49.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

You American guys should thank me. 

thank-you-5c0010.webp

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

XE is 59.08.  You can get 58.85 at BPI online all night, until tomorrow morning.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

XE is 59.08.  You can get 58.85 at BPI online all night, until tomorrow morning.

XE is 59.21.  BPI will probably be over 59 today.

• 5 months later...
mountainside
Posted
Posted
On 9/22/2022 at 1:27 AM, OnMyWay said:

You American guys should thank me.

This one does.  I was in the course of exploring the BPI option when I came across your posts.  Thanks again. How's the BPI experience been since you last posted?  Have you been happy with them in other respects?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 3/18/2023 at 7:31 AM, mountainside said:

This one does.  I was in the course of exploring the BPI option when I came across your posts.  Thanks again. How's the BPI experience been since you last posted?  Have you been happy with them in other respects?

Yes, very happy with my BPI, but happiness (outside of money exchange) is branch specific.  I have known the manager for 10 years back to when he was assistant manager, left to manage another branch, then came back as manager.  He understands customer service and has many expat customers.  This is the Palm Ave branch by the old Royal Duty Free.  If you end up in Subic before I leave, I will introduce you.

• Thanks 1

mountainside
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

If you end up in Subic before I leave, I will introduce you.

I really appreciate your kindness.  SBFZ is number two (after Cebu City) on our long-term destination list.  And as you know from greater experience than mine, such introductions are gifts of a very special kind.