Gym encouragement

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Filipinos eat 5 meals a day.  Have you seen the size of those mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks?  For office and business workers, add all the cupcakes when someone is celebrating a birthday.  There is always someone celebrating.  Then her friends and fellow workers try to make extra money by selling food as a side hustle.  With Christmas fast approaching, you have all those parties whose main objective is to eat while the host admonished the guests, "You are too thin.  Eat!"

Isn't it a mystery, though, how only a small minority are overweight. Maybe it's the climate. It takes expenditure of energy to cope with the heat. I, for one, always lose a several pounds during a few weeks in the Philippines. Last Spring it was a 12 pound (5 kilo) loss over the 7 weeks I was there.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Guy F. said:

Isn't it a mystery, though, how only a small minority are overweight. Maybe it's the climate. It takes expenditure of energy to cope with the heat. I, for one, always lose a several pounds during a few weeks in the Philippines. Last Spring it was a 12 pound (5 kilo) loss over the 7 weeks I was there.

The Filipinas are thin when compared to women of a similar age in the United States.  My theory is exercise.  I shake my head watching drivers circling a parking lot to find a vacant space as close to the entrance as possible.  Consumer preference is to use the drive through for fast food.  Curbside pickup has become very popular.  You call in the order or use an app on the phone.  A supermarket employee loads the purchases in your trunk.  They don't get off the vehicle because the driver is busy eating snacks.

• Like 4

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Guy F. said:

in the Philippines being fat means you are rich.

And the "rich" eat Jolibee, while being thin means you're a drug addict.

It's almost a guarantee that any Filipina you meet is going to have a terrible diet and they won't change it. What to look out for is the amount they eat.

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted (edited)

delete

Edited by Kingpin
double post

Possum
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The Filipinas are thin when compared to women of a similar age in the United States.  My theory is exercise.  I shake my head watching drivers circling a parking lot to find a vacant space as close to the entrance as possible. 

That is one of my pet peeves. Drivers will stop and block traffic while they wait for a parking place close to the entrance to the mall. Then when they find a parking place they will take two or three tries to back in. Meanwhile, I go to the first available space and park front first, get out of the car and walk. Funny thing is most of those waiting to park close are half my age. Years ago I asked my wife about this. Her answer? Filipinos are lazy. When I asked why Filipinos have no problem walking from jeepney she said, a car makes Filipinos feel privileged, it is not right but it is the thinking. Tricycle, Jeep, motorcycle, car and then big SUV. The bigger the vehicle the bigger the assumed privilege. As far as diet is concerned she said, Have you ever seen a slim person get out of a big SUV?

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The Filipinas are thin when compared to women of a similar age in the United States.  My theory is exercise.  I shake my head watching drivers circling a parking lot to find a vacant space as close to the entrance as possible.  Consumer preference is to use the drive through for fast food.  Curbside pickup has become very popular.  You call in the order or use an app on the phone.  A supermarket employee loads the purchases in your trunk.  They don't get off the vehicle because the driver is busy eating snacks.

It's funny you mention that, as fit as my wife is, if we park centrally in town rather than walk around she'll grab a pedi-trike if it's more than 50m.... "Town" isn't that big.  As for large parking lots, it's always been my preference to park away from everyone else if possible - carpark damage sucks - needless to say, AM is not a fan of this.  

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

It would be nice to have someone around to crack my walnuts.

My walnuts would get cracked for sure, and not in a good way. :9436:

• Haha 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Kingpin said:

And the "rich" eat Jolibee, while being thin means you're a drug addict.

It's almost a guarantee that any Filipina you meet is going to have a terrible diet and they won't change it. What to look out for is the amount they eat.

Think almost all if enough funds will most certainly eat Jolibee.

They do change their diet to suit their man, at least in my experience, we rarely eat rice at home, my partner eats same as myself which is semi vegetarian. My ex partner from Cebu was the same.

Of course no idea what happens food wise during my absence. 

One situation which has been consistent with the girls I have been with, they have all joined me with the upmost intensity of gyming, last in general about 12....18 months after the interest is gone. I do not push it, its up to them how ever the fone always wins.   

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

As for large parking lots, it's always been my preference to park away from everyone else if possible - carpark damage sucks - needless to say, AM is not a fan of this.  

I don't know if this is still a common practice, but car owners would have their driver circle around while attending a business meeting or shopping.  The circling would contribute to increased traffic yet there was no choice because available parking is very limited and expensive.  Having a driver reduced scratches on the vehicle and carjacking.  When ready, the driver will bring the car to the entrance within a few minutes after the phone call.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

One situation which has been consistent with the girls I have been with, they have all joined me with the upmost intensity of gyming, last in general about 12....18 months after the interest is gone. I do not push it, its up to them how ever the fone always wins.

I read that in the United States the gyms try to sign you up for a one-year membership.  The reason is most new members give up after a few weeks.  They don't cancel thinking they will return to the gym after a brief break.  If everyone came regularly, they would not have enough equipment.  In a similar manner, airline flights are overbooked because not everyone will show up or arrive on time.  The additional revenue from 10-20 customer no-shows is huge.  It is sufficient to pay compensation if they have more passengers than capacity.

Spoiler