Visa agent.

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So what's the difference if you keep yours at home and the house burns down?  There is a lot what ifs in this life time so why do people worry so much. What if I crossed the road and was run over by a truck. I guess its best to never cross the road which will reduce the chance.  Anyway in this case her brother is part of the business so Im sure the passport would be returned or the business would continue but if not just means you have to get a new one just like if you lost your license or something. 

I'm more in control of whether my house burns down than someone else's with my passport inside. 

Not so much worried, but like everyone, we make choices on our best reasoning. 

If you got run over by a truck, you probably wouldn't be needing your passport anytime soon :89:

But like you said, at the end of the day, if a passport gets lost you can get it replaced at a cost in time and money. 

Edited by Colsie

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Colsie said:

Forgive me for asking, but why do you need to do the 6 month extention in Manila? 

I live out in the province of Eastern Samar and get my 6 month extentions done locally in Tacloban city.

I'm just curious to whether some provincial BI do the 6 month extention or not? 

I reckon you might have not been following this thread.

Briefly I have mentioned more than once, the office in NAGA only issues 2 month extensions. Full stop

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

I reckon you might have not been following this thread.

Briefly I have mentioned more than once, the office in NAGA only issues 2 month extensions. Full stop

You never mentioned that in this thread.  Full stop.

You mentioned not wanting to drive.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Colsie said:

I'm more in control of whether my house burns down than someone else's with my passport inside. 

Not so much worried, but like everyone, we make choices on our best reasoning. 

If you got run over by a truck, you probably wouldn't be needing your passport anytime soon :89:

But like you said, at the end of the day, if a passport gets lost you can get it replaced at a cost in time and money. 

It depends on the office, there's the main offices in Cebu, Manila and I think Davao, then regional offices which may or may not do 6 months, then satellite offices which don't do them.  That's a pretty broad explanation and it seems to be at the whim of the officers on the day in many cases e.g. Dumaguete is a regional office and does 6 months every time, whereas I've heard that in Bacolod, which is also a regional office, it can be hit or miss.  

*Edit:  I may have the nomenclature wrong with regional, satellite etc, but you get my point.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, RBM said:

This well maybe the company of Paul Whiteway whom sadly passed away about 8 months ago. He was a great guy whom has done this and many other services for years, could be his partner continues it.

I didn’t know Paul passed away……RIP Paul.  I too have used his services, mostly years ago renting motorbikes and had to leave my passport with them. I asked and was told the passports and security deposits were kept in a safe. Whether or not it’s fireproof I don’t know. For a very reasonable fee (think it was about 500 pesos) I even left my motorbike in his care for about 5 months and picked it up in the same condition - was occasionally started and tires fully pressurized. Always satisfied with their service. 

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

First let me say that Elsa is a great lady and you are probably right to trust her, however . . .

I wondered what happened to all the passports Paul was holding when he passed.  I never asked as he didn't have mine.  I trusted Paul with my passport many, many times but never considered that question until now.  Hmmmm.  We can hope that his gf returned them to the right people.  I wouldn't bet money on that though.

I have read your comments and also the comments of Jolly with great interest. This really emphasizes to me, just how different individuals assess a given situation.

I knew Paul quite well, before during and after his relationship with Elsa, as many will remember Paul was a keen excellent musician, loved joining him Sundays for the sing a longs, at times during the week. 

Its nice to read and very surprising to me, that Elsa was and is capable of running the business after Paul passed over, in fact knowing her well I am amazed.   

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, RBM said:

This really emphasizes to me, just how different individuals assess a given situation

Perfectly said.  Paul and Elsa were my friends and neighbors back in 2008, (EDIT, except when she tried to sing Karaoke, which she loved, because she DEFINITELY had none of Paul's vocal talent and all present could not wait for her to shut up, except Paul who was extremely tolerant with her).  Paul and I continued our friendship right up to his passing.  When he left his wife, he described the circumstances to me and I was in his camp as to his assessment of the situation.  However, I know of at least one individual who saw it from Elsa's point of view and supported her decisions.  Different individuals definitely assess a given situation differently, as you yourself also do.  We all do.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Perfectly said.  Paul and Elsa were my friends and neighbors back in 2008, (EDIT, except when she tried to sing Karaoke, which she loved, because she DEFINITELY had none of Paul's vocal talent and all present could not wait for her to shut up, except Paul who was extremely tolerant with her).  Paul and I continued our friendship right up to his passing.  When he left his wife, he described the circumstances to me and I was in his camp as to his assessment of the situation.  However, I know of at least one individual who saw it from Elsa's point of view and supported her decisions.  Different individuals definitely assess a given situation differently, as you yourself also do.  We all do.

Indeed, and as they say there are 3 sides to every story.  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

DIT, except when she tried to sing Karaoke, which she loved, because she DEFINITELY had none of Paul's vocal talent and all present could not wait for her to shut up, except Paul who was extremely tolerant with her)

I think I remember photos from a forum get together, and Paul and Elsa were there.  If memory serves me correctly, most men wouldn't mind watching Elsa sing for hours and hours and hours.  Is that the same one?

What year did Paul die?  I don't recall hearing about it on the forum, but then, I don't recall many things.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think I remember photos from a forum get together, and Paul and Elsa were there.

Dang, my memory is getting bad.  It seems to me that Paul and I actually organized a forum get together when JGF could not make it that year. LONG time ago at a place called ?Canvas? in Ayala Mall.  If so then any of the members attending back then would know them both.  But again, memory is getting SOOO bad.

Edit:  I remember Kevin and his wife were there so maybe he can add to it.  (Although he had a few drinks so probably a worse memory than mine).

EDIT  Here is the old thread

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1