Posted
Posted

LOL this thread -

Gay man does NOT equate to ladyboy.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Older folk don't change their views on "stuff" just because younger folk follow a different path. The only thing which changes is the extent to which they air their views. 

No different to racism.

I'm not so sure it's an age thing more what you've been brainwashed into. I've maybe been fortunate in that since I was a kid I've always been surrounded by people who never cared what your sexual preferences are and more so in the military, we've always judged people on whether they can do their job or whether they're a dick. 

• Hmm thinking 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

These pronouns always confuse me.  Is "her" the ladyboy?  I am convinced that, 1,000 years from now, if "her" body is dug up by anthropologists they will label it a male.  Trust the science :hystery:

I think everyone uses the term "her" for a ladyboy. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

we've always judged people on whether they can do their job or whether they have a dick. 

Appeared to be a typo so I fixed it.  :hystery:

Seriously though, the same for me.  Since I met a lot lot of gays and lesbians in my industry, I judged them and everybody on their work.  My mentor for 5-10 years was a lesbian, and I had nothing but respect for her.  Awesome golfer too!

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

LOL this thread -

Gay man does NOT equate to ladyboy.

I agree.  Ladyboys and transgenders are a different breed.  Personally. I admit to being prejudiced against Filipino ladyboys because the ones I encounter are so aggressive.  Two days ago at the mall my wife and I were "attacked" by a group of aggressive cosmetic ladyboys.  I had to get a bit aggressive with them before they backed off.  My stepdaughter was accosted by the same group (I think) last month, offering free makeup or something like that, but she left p1200 poorer.  I had a long talk with her about that later.  She is still a bit naïve.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 3

Possum
Posted
Posted

I've often wondered why the lady boys here act more feminine than the women.  Is it so that everyone knows they are lady boy?

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I agree.  Ladyboys and transgenders are a different breed.  Personally. I admit to being prejudiced against Filipino ladyboys because the ones I encounter are so aggressive.  Two days ago at the mall my wife and I were "attacked" by a group of aggressive cosmetic ladyboys.  I had to get a bit aggressive with them before they backed off.  My stepdaughter was accosted by the same group (I think) last month, offering free makeup or something like that, but she left p1200 poorer.  I had a long talk with her about that later.  She is still a bit naïve.

It's the same on Boracay where there are more than the fair share of lady boys trying to accost you. Anytime they approach me I just say " No thank you Sir. " I have two lady boys as friends but to me they are just transvestites.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Greglm said:

I've often wondered why the lady boys here act more feminine than the women.  Is it so that everyone knows they are lady boy?

Straying off topic, and it probably deserves a new topic, (perhaps it has been discussed before), but it seems to me that ladyboys have a very high acceptance rate in Filipino society.  I would speculate that is because so many families have a family member who is a ladyboy?  So how does that happen in this culture?  Too many boys are over mothered and under fathered????

Last night, my daughter was in a singing contest.  There three judges and this guy was one of them.  I don't know what his qualifications are.

308195055_784276686116313_6002394217984245667_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Personally. I admit to being prejudiced against Filipino ladyboys because the ones I encounter are so aggressive. 

I've met quite a few who actually joined me while out for a drink and found none aggressive but these are call center workers and not those on the street or selling something. I found them interesting and fun and had no problems.

A friend and not the one this topic is about who did not like ladyboys or so he said was with me one night and somehow a ladyboy ended up joining us. When we all went together to another bar my friend seemed proud he was walking in with her. Later that night I went home and left them.

The next day he says she went back to his condo to give him a massage? But he was drunk and fell asleep and when he woke up she was gone as well as some of his things.

He couldn't remember what she looked like but I had an idea but never seen her again.

I wonder if there is an age where you stop being a ladyboy as I have not seen many old ones about.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I wonder if there is an age where you stop being a ladyboy as I have not seen many old ones about.

We have quite a few old ones in Olongapo.  Scary!

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 9/25/2022 at 12:35 PM, Snowy79 said:

I'm not so sure it's an age thing more what you've been brainwashed into. I've maybe been fortunate in that since I was a kid I've always been surrounded by people who never cared what your sexual preferences are and more so in the military, we've always judged people on whether they can do their job or whether they're a dick. 

Hmm....only since 2011 were openly gay people allowed to serve in the US military and since 2000 in the UK military.  I'm not sure that's indicative of what you've said there.