Marcos: PH has 'no territorial conflict with China'

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I skimmed to the summary  - thanks for the link.

Anyone who has any doubt about how China is positioning itself really only needs to look at the belt and road initiative it has been developing since forever. 

The war in Ukraine has probably put any doubt that China may have had about its ability to challenge the establishment on a military level to rest - Russia has seen how out of touch they are with their hardware and software and I don't know if China would fare much better.

As they say, you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar and the sugar in this case is trade and economic support. 

I think Russia are certainly losing the media war but not so sure about the actual war. Russia is still pretty much keeping their gloves on at the moment as the areas they are in have a large Russian public support. The Ukrainians are free to retaliate and if some civilians that are on the Russian side should happen to get in the way then a quick spin on the media about innocent Ukrainian civilians killed by the Russsians is soon sucked up by the West. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, BrettGC said:

no one wants to start WWIII

I feel different.  I believe that there are as many powerful individuals who would be willing to start WW3 as there were those willing to start WW2 and every large conflict before that.  Tyrants are tyrants and need to be relieved of power by good men before the good men are unable to do anything.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I think Russia are certainly losing the media war but not so sure about the actual war. Russia is still pretty much keeping their gloves on at the moment as the areas they are in have a large Russian public support. The Ukrainians are free to retaliate and if some civilians that are on the Russian side should happen to get in the way then a quick spin on the media about innocent Ukrainian civilians killed by the Russsians is soon sucked up by the West. 

This is interesting.  Jordan Peterson's take on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

This is interesting.  Jordan Peterson's take on it.

Always has an interesting take on any given topic.  What a lot of people don't understand about Peterson is he sometimes plays devil's advocate and that's what angers them.  Whilst I don't always agree with him, his viewpoints are always well considered and based in research and knowledge.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Snowy you make a good point.

Who controls the media controls the "truth". We should always question things because we simply don't have any way to know the true facts.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Always has an interesting take on any given topic.  What a lot of people don't understand out Peterson is he sometimes plays devil's advocate and that's what angers them.  Whilst I don't always agree with him his viewpoints are always well considered and based in research and knowledge.  

He's certainly a very smart man and tends to look at the periphery of many issues where the real answers are hidden. He's a pleasure to listen to especially when dealing with feminists armed with pre-rehearsed questions.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

He's certainly a very smart man and tends to look at the periphery of many issues where the real answers are hidden. He's a pleasure to listen to especially when dealing with feminists armed with pre-rehearsed questions.

His ability to speak to people about so many subjects in a rational, logical, quick and usually calm, way, is amazing.  He is one of the great thinkers of our time.

• Like 2