Amazon free shipping to Philippines

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 3/17/2023 at 8:54 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Shopee has everything worked out in my opinion. We don't buy from Lazada. 

We have the opposite experience but to be clear, this is about the sellers, not Shoppee or Lazada so much.  My wife has had a lot of returns and damaged goods on Shoppee, but she still uses them more than Lazada because they have more cheap China stuff.  I prefer Lazada as my impression is that they have better quality sellers that you can trust.  Just my impression.  This is the first problem I had with a seller on Lazada and Lazada (not the seller) refunded my  money quickly.

Our worst experience was really stupid and somewhat funny.  For Father's Day a few years ago, my wife ordered me a ceramic coffee mug on Shoppee.  Prepaid, 100 pesos.  A few days after Father's day, it arrived.  Small mug sized box.  While the delivery person was here, I shook the box and the mug was obviously shattered into many pieces.  I refused the delivery.  The driver took it, and apparently it disappeared forever into the black hole of the delivery service.

It took a few months to get the 100 pesos back.  For 100 pesos, the seller battled my wife on this.  Lack of common sense on their part, and ruining their reputation.  They said I should have accepted the package, opened it, taken pictures, then returned it following the return procedure.  For a 100 peso item that the driver and I both recognized as obviously broken inside the box.  I think the delivery company could not find the package and I guess the seller needed absolute proof that she was not being scammed out of a 100 peso coffee mug.  She probably thought we are part of the Father's Day Coffee Mug ring of criminals that I read about.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

We have the opposite experience but to be clear, this is about the sellers, not Shoppee or Lazada so much.  My wife has had a lot of returns and damaged goods on Shoppee, but she still uses them more than Lazada because they have more cheap China stuff.  I prefer Lazada as my impression is that they have better quality sellers that you can trust.  Just my impression.  This is the first problem I had with a seller on Lazada and Lazada (not the seller) refunded my  money quickly.

Our worst experience was really stupid and somewhat funny.  For Father's Day a few years ago, my wife ordered me a ceramic coffee mug on Shoppee.  Prepaid, 100 pesos.  A few days after Father's day, it arrived.  Small mug sized box.  While the delivery person was here, I shook the box and the mug was obviously shattered into many pieces.  I refused the delivery.  The driver took it, and apparently it disappeared forever into the black hole of the delivery service.

It took a few months to get the 100 pesos back.  For 100 pesos, the seller battled my wife on this.  Lack of common sense on their part, and ruining their reputation.  They said I should have accepted the package, opened it, taken pictures, then returned it following the return procedure.  For a 100 peso item that the driver and I both recognized as obviously broken inside the box.  I think the delivery company could not find the package and I guess the seller needed absolute proof that she was not being scammed out of a 100 peso coffee mug.  She probably thought we are part of the Father's Day Coffee Mug ring of criminals that I read about.

I suppose the margin on such products is minimal so every 100php lost equates to maybe 3 or 4 or more sales.

I agree re Lazada v Shopee, my perception is Lazada is slightly better but tends to be more expensive, especially on delivery. I've only returned 1 item on Lazada (my fault for not reading the details) but got it refunded quickly. Never had to return to Shopee so can't comment. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I've only returned 1 item on Lazada (my fault for not reading the details)

Yeah, actually this last one was partially my fault.  I grabbed the lowest price and forgot to read the reviews on this seller.  My bad.

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted

If I have a choice, and prices are similar, I always choose Lazada because Shopee accepts some foreign cards, just not any US-based:

We accept some credit/debit cards from the countries listed below.

mountainside
Posted
Posted

Back here in the US for nearly four years as an Amazon Prime member I've seen delivery times get slower and sloower and slooower.   From all I've seen on this thread, once my wife and I return to the Phils in a few months we'll have quicker delivery times there than here.  And won't have to pay for US Amazon Prime!  

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I have been following this thread with interest as I have always used LBC/Shipping Cart for deliveries from both the UK and the US. But recently I have noticed they have become quite expensive and slower! So last week I ordered an item from Amazon’s U.S. website. It was scheduled to take 7 days for delivery here in Mindanao which I thought was a bit optimistic. It arrived today, a day ahead of schedule. The shippers were UPS from Louisville, Kentucky via Dubai to Manila and Air21 here in the Philippines. No hassle at all. Very impressed!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

Shipping Cart

Shipping Cart in the U.S. is still a disaster since they moved the warehouse. 

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 3/18/2023 at 6:03 PM, Mike J said:

The delivery is not the problem, Ninja delivers any day of the week.  Lazada expects you to deliver any returns to a specific location, the closest to Moalboal is in Cebu City.

How much is your typical delivery fee? If they're making just a few stops before and after your location, that 3 hour drive can easily double, each way. That's a lot of daily driving for relatively few deliveries compared to the city, impressive they can make it work. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kingpin said:

How much is your typical delivery fee? If they're making just a few stops before and after your location, that 3 hour drive can easily double, each way. That's a lot of daily driving for relatively few deliveries compared to the city, impressive they can make it work. 

Delivery fees are actually quite reasonable.  Orders are consolidated in Cebu City and are brought here via truck.  That truck will continue making drops at the various cities going down the national highway.  Once orders are dropped in the respective cities, they are divided out for local motorcycle delivery.   Works well and keeps delivery fees modest.  It is the returns that are FUBAR. 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Delivery fees are actually quite reasonable.  Orders are consolidated in Cebu City and are brought here via truck.  That truck will continue making drops at the various cities going down the national highway.  Once orders are dropped in the respective cities, they are divided out for local motorcycle delivery.   Works well and keeps delivery fees modest.  It is the returns that are FUBAR. 

On Lazada, I have learned how to play the "free delivery" game.  You will see that many products say "Daily free delivery".  Very misleading.  Maximum is 50 pesos per day.  So everyday you can get 50 pesos towards delivery.

For instance, I wanted to buy 3 products from the same seller.  The delivery charge was a few hundred pesos less 50 pesos.  So instead, I order 1 per day and get the p50 discount on each item. So if the delivery was p75, now it is p25.  However, it also depends on the price of the item, so that has to be considered.

Delivery seems to be dirt cheap even without a discount.  Even with low labor costs, I'm amazed they keep it so low.  I ordered a roll of bubble wrap a few days ago.  It is big and bulky.  p59 only so no shipping discount.  Shipping was 61.  I have a background in shipping and delivery, so I know the processes involved.  Shipper pickup or shipper delivery to Manila hub / warehouse.  Linehaul to another Luzon hub or the Olongapo local hub.  Local delivery driver.  For 60 pesos.  For most smaller items I order, from Manila to Olongapo / Subic has a standard delivery fee of 58 pesos.

• Like 1