Amazon free shipping to Philippines

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

On Lazada, I have learned how to play the "free delivery" game.  You will see that many products say "Daily free delivery".  Very misleading.  Maximum is 50 pesos per day.  So everyday you can get 50 pesos towards delivery.

For instance, I wanted to buy 3 products from the same seller.  The delivery charge was a few hundred pesos less 50 pesos.  So instead, I order 1 per day and get the p50 discount on each item. So if the delivery was p75, now it is p25.  However, it also depends on the price of the item, so that has to be considered.

Delivery seems to be dirt cheap even without a discount.  Even with low labor costs, I'm amazed they keep it so low.  I ordered a roll of bubble wrap a few days ago.  It is big and bulky.  p59 only so no shipping discount.  Shipping was 61.  I have a background in shipping and delivery, so I know the processes involved.  Shipper pickup or shipper delivery to Manila hub / warehouse.  Linehaul to another Luzon hub or the Olongapo local hub.  Local delivery driver.  For 60 pesos.  For most smaller items I order, from Manila to Olongapo / Subic has a standard delivery fee of 58 pesos.

Yep, I've been caught by the free delivery nonsense as well - isn't free just that? In addition, if you order more than 1 of an item the delivery fee is reduced per item but if you order 2 different items from the same supplier there is no volume discount.  I suppose you could contact them direct and work something out, maybe.

Shopee is definitely cheaper than Lazada for delivery, at least the standard delivery fee. I think it's now 125php on Lazada.

Re. how cheap delivery is - I can only assume the product price incorporates some element of delivery in addition to the stated delivery fee - possibly this is shared between delivery company and seller.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I think it's now 125php on Lazada.

For me, it is 58.5.  I don't know why that sometimes the p50 shipping discount is not available.  I'm trying to find it for this ridiculously overpriced grass seed.

Screenshot (966).png

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

For me, it is 58.5.  I don't know why that sometimes the p50 shipping discount is not available.  I'm trying to find it for this ridiculously overpriced grass seed.

Screenshot (966).png

I guess it's seller dependent  - I'm sure the seller bears the brunt of delivery rather than Lazada and maybe margins are too low.

Over the years I've become a little negative towards Lazada and Shopee - prices vary a lot between stores for identical products  - we bought my son a gaming desk in SM for 11k, identical one on Shopee/Lazada available for 7.5k to 50k but most around the 10.5k to 11.5k before delivery of approx 600php. The 7.5k were a scam because all 3 were no cod, all others were cod. The 50k is probably a more sinister situation.  

• 5 months later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I just ran across this thread.  Amazon is still offering the free shipping after one year, and quite a few more products are qualified now.  Some clothes I ordered last year on Amazon via ShippingCart did not have the free Amazon shipping 6 months ago, but now they do.  I usually have an order every few months.

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I just ran across this thread.  Amazon is still offering the free shipping after one year, and quite a few more products are qualified now.  Some clothes I ordered last year on Amazon via ShippingCart did not have the free Amazon shipping 6 months ago, but now they do.  I usually have an order every few months.

I have ordered a few small items (helmets, boots clothing, etc) online and they shipped for free to the PI., I was very surprised.

Possum
Posted
Posted

I have been using Amazon free to Philippines since its inception. There are more and more things now that qualify for free shipping. The shipping in some cases is faster than Lazada or Shopee which is funny since they are in the Philippines. My guess? Amazon will eventually put Lazada and Shoppee out of business. It will take awhile but their superior customer service will prevail IF the people that run the country allow it.

• Like 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
On 3/25/2023 at 12:36 PM, OnMyWay said:

Screenshot (966).png

The seller has to sign up for the 'free shipping' vouchers and then they get charged 5.6% extra commission.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I just received a quality set of wood chisels and a very nice sharpening system from Amazon.  Still buy quite a bit of quality art supplies from Amazon that is also available here but costs far more than Amazon charges.  I think the sellers of quality art supplies here import larger. retail, quantities and have to pay shipping and import fees.  Plus they are out the money until such time as they can sell the more expensive products.  They have to set the price high to cover shipping plus a large profit because of funds tied up in the cost of inventory.  

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Possum said:

My guess? Amazon will eventually put Lazada and Shoppee out of business.

The reason that won't happen is kinda funny; half the stuff sold on amazon is from China, and priced two to even ten times higher than Lazada / Shopee. That being said I have three parcels currently in transmit from amazon, one of which I didn't even plan to buy, but then I saw every seller adding $50 or $60 for shipping and 'import fees', except one and I couldn't resist...

EijRqEt.png

• Like 1