PNP Checkpoints

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure if it's  down to the new governor but recently there's been a lot more checkpoints in our area.  

Yesterday alone there were 3 between Bindoy and Guihulgnan that were located in places they were hard to avoid; on blind corners, nowhere to turn off after you saw them etc. We've all seen it, at about 100m either side of the checkpoints there's normally all the motorcyclists just waiting for the checkpoint to close.  Yesterday, the police were actually walking down the road in either direction and nabbing these guys as well - first time I've ever seen that. 

From what I could tell, they were checking for licences and registration, helmets, they were checking lights and indicators etc and pulling over the v-hires as well.  As you can imagine, there were a lot of very unhappy people.  Did they impound any of the vehicles like they do in NCR?  Not that I could see, but there was a lot of writing on what I can only assume were violation notices. 

My BiL tells me that's the third one in the last week. 

Times are a'changin'? 

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Times are a'changin'? 

Have not seen and checkpoints per se here in Metro. BUT I have noticed and increase in PNP public presence the last 2 weeks. Mostly 2 or three cops sitting under an awning (they have started wearing their blue unis again), There were 4 sitting in at the entrance to a very low traffic mall. As I sit and think, I saw about 4 or 5 such posts along about a 6 kilometer stretch of the main drag near Mall of Asia. 

Naturally most were just staring at their phones. 

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, scott h said:

Have not seen and checkpoints per se here in Metro. BUT I have noticed and increase in PNP public presence the last 2 weeks. Mostly 2 or three cops sitting under an awning (they have started wearing their blue unis again), There were 4 sitting in at the entrance to a very low traffic mall. As I sit and think, I saw about 4 or 5 such posts along about a 6 kilometer stretch of the main drag near Mall of Asia. 

Naturally most were just staring at their phones. 

That's the thing, the guys I saw were actively doing their jobs.  Odd.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

That's the thing, the guys I saw were actively doing their jobs.  Odd.  

Could it be the NPA are active?

Sixteen suspected members, including three leaders, of the New People’s Army (NPA) surrendered to the authorities in Guihulngan City, Negros Oriental on Tuesday, Sept. 20

https://mb.com.ph/2022/09/21/16-npa-rebels-including-three-leaders-surrender-in-negros-oriental/

• Hmm thinking 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Could it be the NPA are active?

Possibly.  I just assumed revenue raising by Governor Teves but the NPA issue is more likely the impetus.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I'm not sure if it's  down to the new governor but recently there's been a lot more checkpoints in our area.  

I dont think so but from news reports a crack down on NPA.  

Freebie
Posted
Posted

And as we all know from years of experience here, there will be a crackdown for all of a week then status quo will be restored.

• Like 1

HappyJack
Posted
Posted

It's the BER month$$$$$$$$$$$

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, HappyJack said:

It's the BER month$$$$$$$$$$$

My thoughts exactly, lol. Plus it might budget allocation time. Enforcement in the USA usually picks up a month or so before that as well. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Possibly.  I just assumed revenue raising by Governor Teves but the NPA issue is more likely the impetus.  

Assume its the recent fighting around the area of Brett.  Here in Bacolod due to the crazy Maskara appears more cops than people, although most seem to be eating every time I pass by. Still uniform presence should help.

• Like 1