Car Registration Renewal Question

russellmania
Posted
Posted

My GF did my renewal a few years ago so its my turn now because she is unavailable to do it. I remember when I took my scooter to emissions to get it renewed here in Cebu City and the worker there said "for a fee we can take care of the renewal for you", and I went with that method. Im thinking of going that same route with my truck. Anyone else went that route with car registration renewal before here? Is that the norm?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, russellmania said:

Anyone else went that route with car registration renewal before here? Is that the norm?

We have ours done (Car and both bikes) by the Smoke centre, various times in the year ( they all have differing Plates) we just hand over the OR and CR ( Copies) and they do the rest The Cost I am not sure about and of course it will be different at each Smoke centre. You would need to be sure of the Centre of course, They will have your paperwork and during the smoke test Your vehicle, You may find that may have to make an appointment (day and time) to have your test done it is a time thing for many and you have no need for the LTO fiasco as ever YMMV   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

We have ours done (Car and both bikes) by the Smoke centre, various times in the year ( they all have differing Plates) we just hand over the OR and CR ( Copies) and they do the rest The Cost I am not sure about and of course it will be different at each Smoke centre. You would need to be sure of the Centre of course, They will have your paperwork and during the smoke test Your vehicle, You may find that may have to make an appointment (day and time) to have your test done it is a time thing for many and you have no need for the LTO fiasco as ever YMMV   

The car liability is due also...did they take care of that part for you also?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, russellmania said:

The car liability is due also...did they take care of that part for you also?

Yes my Friend:tiphat:

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes my Friend:tiphat:

I found "Smoke Emission Testing Center" here in mandaue. But it says open only on weekends. Do I have the right one?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, russellmania said:

Do I have the right one?

Seems Odd only weekends I would look for another there must be many in cebu, Weekends only to me, would suggest fly by nights:89:

• Like 1