Bye bye OHP

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

In jest, but more than likely the facts, as the way things are done in the flipper land. Why would they pluck with the one health pass if it weren’t broken?

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

For those members that follow Jennifer Terry on you tube, she has done a presentation on the new E-Card, and she is disappointed with it.

Yep, shes saying its the same damn thing as the old one.

This country, can be wonderful and can be equally frustrating in terms of the lack of logical, organised joined up  thinking that sometimes occurs before decisions are made.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Why would they pluck with the one health pass if it weren’t broken?

Because thats the way things are usually done here.

Vehicle licence plates were issued  fine and normal  until 2015 , till one mouthy congressman decided plates shouldnt be made by a semi Dutch company and should be made Pinoy style. ^ years later that nonsense is ongoing.

Similar to the actual Drivers Licences which was working fine until.. .etc etc...that took 5 years to resolve.

ETC !

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Seems to me there's a lot of money to be made in PI by competent database and web developers.... 

Given the opportunity, I expect most people with those competent skills would be looking for overseas or contract work rather than work for Philippine wages.

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Given the opportunity, I expect most people with those competent skills would be looking for overseas or contract work rather than work for Philippine wages.

I agree. I worked with many Filpino workers overseas and 90% were very competent hard workers. Such workers can be hard to find here. I understand their need to leave for better pay though. The only salaried workers here making decent money are some agency heads. The politicians make an indecent amount of money. Their salary and expense accounts afford them a very nice lifestyle not to mention the money they make doing "extra" work.

• Like 1

longway
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

In jest, but more than likely the facts, as the way things are done in the flipper land. Why would they pluck with the one health pass if it weren’t broken?

My experience with OHP flying to PH a couple of weeks ago. I had my approved OHP ready to go on my phone and it's a very good thing I did. At Departure gate and two (both) stopover gates I was asked to present it. Usually intercom paged to come forward to desk.  Without it I could not have boarded because PH is requiring the airline that brings a non OHP certified passenger into the country to foot the bill to take them back to point of origin. The financial hit is causing airlines to ask for it. Silly that the PH is the only country in the world that I'm aware of making visitors do the OHP thingy. Looks like they really don't want folks coming here with the hoops they make you jump thru.

• Like 3

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Probably some power crazy people trying to justify their position.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just did a test drive of the new system, worked fine for me.  Took about 3-5 mins to complete.  Far less information required than OHP if you've been double vaxxed and boosted.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 5

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Brett, what browser did you use please mate? I am leaving Shitney on the 31st, so just thinking ahead.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Brett, what browser did you use please mate? I am leaving Shitney on the 31st, so just thinking ahead.

Chrome mate.