Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)

"P2"
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is anyone on this forum using this program? I'm interested in knowing any details you can provide. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide on this. If you are unfamiliar with this, here is a link to the program... 

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

Edited by Mike J
Removed URL to another blog

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

P2 - I removed one of the URLs in your post which pointed to another blog.  There are a number of forum members who are under the SRRV visa.  I am sure they can answer any questions you might have.

Edited by Mike J

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Talking to members that are on the SRRV, there's not need to use an agent.  PRA guides you through it pretty thoroughly.  

RBM
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Talking to members that are on the SRRV, there's not need to use an agent.  PRA guides you through it pretty thoroughly.  

Agents on most part are free to the applicant, they smooth the process especially the deposit required.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, "P2" said:

Is anyone on this forum using this program? I'm interested in knowing any details you can provide. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide on this. If you are unfamiliar with this, here is a link to the program... 

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

I am using this program. There is a lot of information on this forum regarding this. I suggest you do a search for SRRV and I am certain all your questions will be answered.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, RBM said:

Agents on most part are free to the applicant, they smooth the process especially the deposit required.

Interesting, the 2 I spoke to, JRC in Dumaguete and another in Angeles I can't remember the name of,  were going to charge around 10kPHP.  

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I am on an SRRV and it is extremely simple to do and zero need for an agent.  Pretty much everything that is required you need to provide in the first place so why pay money to do the work just to hand it over to what is for all intent and purpose is just a mail man. 

You take the medical, get the results, provide the deposit and application money  and all the details to fill the forms in, forms that if you can read will take about 5 minutes to complete.

My only real advice is if you use the Manila office and they assign a female agent with the initials MR refuse her and ask for someone else. She started mine and was useless, ignored emails, text messages, phone calls and advised me incorrectly as to where to send my deposit plus application, seven months down the line I'm still trying to get my money back from them. It took the threat of passing the complaint to the top before they reluctantly acted.

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Overall a straightforward programme though during past 3 years of covid they have been spectacularly useless at keeping visa holders informed of various changes. Various expat websites would have info and thats how many of found out information about covid requirements , permits to travel etc.  They arent very proactive.. although some fellow , maybe the CEO suggested that we should all pray , or he would pray for us.... I guess that worked LOOOOL.

Sadly they changed from the 3 years renewal to now an annual renewal.

Plus they added a totally unnecessary step of requiring that I advise them when travelling internationally.

I doubt I will bother advising them again as in 5 intl trips never been asked for the PRA "approval letter"

Equally when returning they expect a scan of passport page, their own PRA visa stamp and date of re-entry to Philippines. Told them its irrelevant to provide passport page ( they have it !) , irrelevant to provide copy of the PRA visa stamp ( they issued it ) and so now they agree I just provide scan of re-entry stamp from Immigration.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/19/2022 at 7:15 AM, BrettGC said:

Interesting, the 2 I spoke to, JRC in Dumaguete and another in Angeles I can't remember the name of,  were going to charge around 10kPHP.  

The woman that did mine was a person of integrity, she just did my renewal, if your friend interested I can PM you her contact, I never even left the condo, everything (thanks to her done on line)  The most issues are just them finding the deposit as they say so many are coming into Land Bank. Guess if one spent half the day lining up to pay the deposit and sent the receipt to them maybe OK. For me I paid it on line and took my agent over a week to sort the payment out, I did use the Union Bank for deposit which  I have found out is not often used.

Edited by RBM
  • Like 1