Throw Away Ticket

insite
Posted
Posted

What are the current ticket requirements on entering the Philippines as a tourist from the UK and applying for the free 30 day tourist visa at Manila airport ?

Must one have a return ticket that falls within this 30 day period or will a return ticket to port of origin a month later suffice ?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, insite said:

What are the current ticket requirements on entering the Philippines as a tourist from the UK and applying for the free 30 day tourist visa at Manila airport ?

Must one have a return ticket that falls within this 30 day period or will a return ticket to port of origin a month later suffice ?

Yes, it must be within the 30 day period.  

Point E on the image:

No photo description available.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, insite said:

The rules say that the return or onward ticket must be within the timeframe of your visa (or of the visa free period if you don't have a visa).

I've gotten away with a return ticket (on the same airline) outside that date period but I was once questioned about it as well... and I thought I was going to have to buy an exit ticket at the counter (a supervisor ended up letting me through with a warning).

So now I make sure I've got a throw away ticket within the 30 day period even when I've got a return ticket.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, insite said:

Also remember despite the early days of pandemic it appeared that you could only stay 30 days but that is not the case. You can extend your visa just like normal if you want to stay longer. 

Also requirement is for 3 shots of vaccine or stay home.

Rent a ticket is cheaper than buying for entry purposes. 

Viking
Posted
Posted

Has anyone of you entered with the Balikbayan privilege lately?

Then you should not need a return ticket within 30 days, but I am not sure how things are in real life??

We will arrive in the middle of next month, so I am curious to know.

• Like 1