Rugby World Cup - Philippine Rugby Desert

Michael Wackers
Posted
Posted

Hello,

has anyone managed to figure out how to watch the Rugby World Cup here in the Philippine Rugby desert?

Mike the Fritz, (rare) German Rugby fan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Michael Wackers said:

Hello,

has anyone managed to figure out how to watch the Rugby World Cup here in the Philippine Rugby desert?

No...frustratingly...other than using your VPN set to a UK location and then watching it on the BBC ...the VPN causes buffering plus you have to watch live early in the morning as no replays:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by OzeMike
Additionally info

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

There doesn't appear to be an offical broadcast partner for the Philippines from what I can find.

You could try using a VPN (like Express VPN), setting your server to somewhere in Great Britain and choosing BBC... might work.

I have had mixed results doing this with various sports at various times.

The local internet can be fast but the overseas connections seem to be the limiting factor.

Edited by GeoffH

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Michael Wackers said:

Hello,

I dont know if this will help, but I searched U tube for fun. and "rugby league world cup"  popped right up. I see Tonga vs Papua that was played yesterday.

RBM
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Michael Wackers said:

Hello,

Probably Hesgoal.com I use this to watch motoGP as Fox sports no longer available, used to be able to cast to TV but no longer. Still its enough on my tablet. No necessary to have a strong signal.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

http://ig.freestreams-live1.com/

https://www.viprow.nu/

Find the applicable rugby page and off you go. There might be some buffering and several pop ups before you get to the exact match you want. I watch most of the sports im interested in rugby/cricket and football on those sites with nary a problem. I watch on my Imac as cant handle the pop ups on TV.

You could buy RugbyPass if its important to watch on TV

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Michael Wackers said:

Hello,

It's no consolation to you I know, but we can't even watch English Premier League football here despite it being arguably the most popular.  

Plenty of basketball options though.:Mad:

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

It's no consolation to you I know, but we can't even watch English Premier League football here despite it being arguably the most popular.  

Plenty of basketball options though.:Mad:

Cricket is very difficult as well (and that's the worlds second most popular sport after football).

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Freebie said:

http://ig.freestreams-live1.com/

https://www.viprow.nu/

Find the applicable rugby page and off you go. There might be some buffering and several pop ups before you get to the exact match you want. I watch most of the sports im interested in rugby/cricket and football on those sites with nary a problem. I watch on my Imac as cant handle the pop ups on TV.

You could buy RugbyPass if its important to watch on TV

Virus detected. on viprow.

• Sad 1