The Dreaded Property Disputes Begin

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Joey G said:

The more likely issue will be... the cost of going to court to settle any property/deed/title/property line issues

One of the murdered expats that came to my mind, (Gene Abrams - here is the story if interested),

did all of that over a 10 year period.  It was his passion and he WON in court after so much time and money invested.  He was THRILLED with the outcome.  Shortly after that he was murdered.  Filipinos do not like to lose.  Gene's wife sold back the land cheap so all Gene's work was for nothing.  Its a jungle out there.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2
  • Sad 6

baronapart
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

One of the murdered expats that came to my mind, (Gene Abrams - here is the story if interested),

did all of that over a 10 year period.  It was his passion and he WON in court after so much time and money invested.  He was THRILLED with the outcome.  Shortly after that he was murdered.  Filipinos do not like to lose.  Gene's wife sold back the land cheap so all Gene's work was for nothing.  Its a jungle out there.

Follow up...

https://www.biliranisland.com/blogs/2017/03/30/cops-search-house-alleged-suspect-us-marine-shooting/

• Sad 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Shortly after that he was murdered.  Filipinos do not like to lose.  Gene's wife sold back the land cheap so all Gene's work was for nothing.  Its a jungle out there.

Sad but it just shows the mentality of the people one might be dealing with.

Bullets, and shooters have always been a cheap option in settling issues here.

Sadly that will never change. Just watch any Filipino movie and there is always plenty of shooting. Guns for hire are easy, very very sadly.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
jimeve
Posted
Posted

The Great land disputes continue.

Only 3 ft but it falls on my right of way. New owner nice chap but his measurements suck. The land has changed ownership 3 times in 5 years every time they take 2 or 3 ft from my right of way. I know what the problem is, one of the owners give 2 meters north of the land for future widening of road. Now the surveyor to the reading from the new post not the old post which was 2 meters away. They should have deducted 2 meters. Now my right of way is getting smaller and I have a wide Pajero.

Wife already reported this to the barangay Captain whatever good that will do

Maybe I should invest in a helicopter. 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Wife already reported this to the barangay Captain whatever good that will do

Seems to me Jim, a visit to the registry is in order, they will have details of your original  survey on purchase

Edited by Jack Peterson
getting the full thoughts out
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Seems to me Jim, a visit to the registry is in order, they will have details of your original  survey on purchase

The issue is not on my land but on my right of way. Keeps getting more narrow ever time the land changes hand. will the register let me see the original survey?

Bacong town hall have all the plans, best I go there first but I don't want to upset the new owners they have built a house and ready to move in.(expat)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, jimeve said:

The issue is not on my land but on my right of way. Keeps getting more narrow ever time the land changes hand. will the register let me see the original survey?

They should do Jim, If not then I smell a scam somewhere :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
On 10/24/2022 at 11:47 PM, baronapart said:

Has there ever been a conviction in this case?

As far as Jimeve is concerned the records of land surveys are recorded. He should have his original survey to compare to the subsequent surveys recorded in the registry of land transfers.The original survey should be available for the asking as well as later ones. Land shrinkage is often a matter of the surveyor making a mistake and not necessarily malicious. Get the original registry. Talk to the new neighbor and agree to have a new survey done to correct any errors. It's just a meter or so therefore it shouldn't be a problem if you're dealing with a reasonable person.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Greglm said:

Has there ever been a conviction in this case?

It is quite likely that the suspect in the article was convicted, but he was paid to take the fall.  The real dispute was with the former land owner who hired the lawyer who hired the hit man.  The guy at the top will never be touched.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm certain your title deeds will have all lines of longitude and latitude marked on them and technically there should be concrete posts marking your boundaries.  A geodetic engineer will turn up and do everything for you, rough cost about 15k when I had one done. The right of way will be recorded with the LGU.  

• Like 3