SRRV or 13A visa?

Freebie
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Which SRRV did you get it? It's a basic requirement on the form, I know many who had to get one:  Police Clearance (abroad)

Even though Id already been living in Manila for a couple years I still had to get UK Police Clearance.

Thats when I and family member who was helping me get the police clearance learned about the word " apostilled " and the lack of knowledge/apathy  of Philippine embassy in London.

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
On 10/29/2022 at 8:31 AM, RBM said:

I obtained my SRRV a year ago, no request was made for a police clearance from home country, just a NBI clearance.

I also obtained my SRRVisa just over a year ago.  I definitely had to provide a Police Clearance as well as an NBI clearance.  Fortunately, as I had already been in the Philippines for 5 years I only had to go to my local Police Staion for clearance, took no more than an hour to do.  As usual, things can change here just by location, lol.

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

I had already been in the Philippines for 5 years I only had to go to my local Police Staion for clearance

Can you point to a gov source for that? If it's a rule it's definitely a new one.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Kingpin said:
On 10/28/2022 at 2:17 PM, Mike J said:

If you are a senior you can issue a limited power of attorney for someone else to due the annual report for you.

No need to be a senior, anyone can do it.

Maybe it has changed, was seniors and PWDs.  Can you post source? 

RBM
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Can you point to a gov source for that? If it's a rule it's definitely a new one.

I understand that if one has been in Philippines continuous for 12 months just required is NBI clearance as was my case.   

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Maybe it has changed, was seniors and PWDs.  Can you post source? 

Do you have a source for seniors and PWDs only? I'm neither and my agent does it for me, I don't think these are strict rules.

However the following one is ( or was)

2 hours ago, RBM said:

I understand that if one has been in Philippines continuous for 12 months just required is NBI clearance as was my case.   

For which SRRV? Everything online says police clearance abroad is required, no stipulations or qualifications. I'm looking for a gov source, and all I have is the actual form, which lists both police clearance and NBI

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Do you have a source for seniors and PWDs only? I'm neither and my agent does it for me, I don't think these are strict rules.

Below was published in 2020, same year I started to have others do my annual report.  Your comment as regards strict rules could very well be true as so often happens here.  

MANILA, Philippines — The Bureau of Immigration (BI) on Thursday reminded all registered foreigners in the country to report to the bureau in person or face sanctions for failing to comply.
In a statement, Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said foreign nationals can make their annual report to the agency from the beginning of January 2020 until the end of February this year.

Under the 1950 Alien Registration Act, all foreigners who have been issued immigrant and non-immigrant visas and were issued alien certificate of registration identity card (ACR I-Card) are mandated to comply with the annual report within the first 60 days of every calendar year.
Failure to do so may may result in fines, visa cancelation, or deportation.
Registered aliens may report to the bureau’s main office in Intramuros, Manila or the nearest participating BI field, satellite or extension office.
The list of BI offices can be accessed at their website www.immigration.gov.ph, Morente said.
“Foreigners who are out of the country during the annual reporting period may make the report within 30 days from the date of their return to the country, provided they have valid re-entry permits,” Morente added.
According to BI alien registration division chief Jose Carlitos Licas, registered foreigners must present his original ACR I-Card and valid passport as well as pay a P300-annual report fee and P10-legal research fee.
For aliens below the age of 14, Licas said their parent or guardian can make the report for them.
Meanwhile, senior citizens and persons with disability are exempted from personal appearance, he noted.
But they are required to submit a Special Power of Attorney for their representative, he added.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 10/29/2022 at 9:54 PM, PaulNeb86 said:

Sounds like I need to look into that one. Thanks. Time to get working.

Definitely the way I would go if I was a vet.  Thank you for your service!

I think the SRRV also has some advantages over the 13A.  Perhaps someone can comment.  Does the SRRV holder have to pay travel tax when leaving the country?  I'm a 13a holder and it will cost my family 6440 pesos (1610 X 3 adults and 810 X 2 children) to leave the country.

Freebie
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think the SRRV also has some advantages over the 13A.  .  Does the SRRV holder have to pay travel tax when leaving the country?  I'm a 13a holder and it will cost my family 6440 pesos (1610 X 3 adults and 810 X 2 children) to leave the country.

Not a thing. I  have the single mans SRRV but if i was so inclined to have a partner and kids under 18 I can add them to the SRRV visa. If you fly in and out a lot maybe you'd save eventually.

The ability to come and go when I  please provides value for me, as im often in and out of country. Just show airline staff the visa page and thats it no more questions.

From SRRV website.

1. Indefinite stay with multiple-entry/exit privileges;

2. Exemption from:

• Philippine Bureau of Immigration ACR-I Card (Annual Report)

• Customs duties & taxes for one time importation of household goods & personal effects worth up to US$7,000.00 Tax from pensions & annuities

• Travel Tax, if retiree has not stayed in the Philippines for more than 1 year from last date of entry

SRRV EXPANDED COURTESY

For foreign nationals, 50 years old & above, who are retired Armed Force officers of foreign countries with existing military ties and/or agreement with the Philippine Government. A monthly pension of at least US$1,000.00 and an SRR Visa deposit of US$1,500.00 are required. The SRR Visa deposit includes the principal applicant and 2 dependents. Additional dependent, entails additional SRR Visa deposit of US$15,000 each (except for former Filipinos). CHILDREN must be legitimate or legally adopted by the Principal Retiree, unmarried and below 21 years old upon joining the program.

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Actually I cannot point to a gov source.  I had a reputable agency assist me with my SRRVisa here in Dumaguete, Negros Oriental.  When I mentioned to them that I thought it would be very difficult to get a Police Clearance from the UK, no doubt being made more difficult by me being in the Philippines at that time, they just told me to go to my local Barangay Office with my passport and request a Barangay Letter of Residence.  Once I had done this I just had to take it to my local Police Station and request a Police Clearance. The Police Clearance was processed quickly and with no issues.    

• Like 3