Say What..

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)

TOPIC LOCKED AS IT SEEMS TO BE A WORD FOR WORD REPEAT OF A TOPIC THE AUTHOR POSTED 3 DAYS AGO WITH A DIFFERENT TITLE.

:shock_40_anim_gif:When I first moved to the province I thought, cheap living and built a simple wooden house with one bedroom, bathroom and a kitchen/dining area...about 100k, took a couple of weeks to build and "a presto" life is sweet... 

Not quite... Kareoke wars from the neighbours nearly every f&kin night until 2-3am... Then the first sniff of daylight and the roosters would kick in...how the locals and the wife can sleep through that crap leaves me bewildered, I'm sure I aged 5yrs in a couple of months. Then there was a typhoon on Christmas eve that nearly wiped us out, but that's another story. 

Then circumstances seemed to conspire against me. Living in the wooden house wasn't desirable or that safe. Covid had travel restrictions had kicked in by late January, so my only practical plan was to build a more substantial house. 

I designed and built a concrete house within a couple of months with some fundamental features that now mean that the bedroom is too sound proof. 

In the bedroom it's impossible to hear any noises from outside, no karaoke, no roosters, nothing. The problem with this is that I can't even here our dogs barking if someone comes to the front gate. 

The only solution that works is to install one of the dogs (big ears Girlie) in the bedroon at night so that she can alert me if she hears the other two dogs barking outside. 

I think it's compulsory here in the province to have atleast 3 dogs (the bigger the better). 

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

• Dave Hounddriver locked this topic