Airline

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, RBM said:

Little off topic how ever wondering if any members have flown SCOOT, considering a trip to Malaysia, returning could be an issue as we have just had one J@J jab.

I flew Scoot a couple of times pre-pandemic and had no issues.  Typical budget airline expectations and they did their job as advertised.  

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Yes I have travelled with them a few times, but took advantage of their Biz class only because of the wider seats, definitely nothing like business class on the majors.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Little off topic how ever wondering if any members have flown SCOOT, considering a trip to Malaysia, returning could be an issue as we have just had one J@J jab.

After I saw that they charge to use the overhead bin, and read the terrible reviews on Trip Advisor, I crossed Scoot off my list.  Consumers should not tolerate some of this crazy surcharge crap.  Who was it that started this?  UK airline?  Can't remember the name.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Airline_Review-d8728980-Reviews-Scoot

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Ryan Air I think was the one that started this BS, but could have been Easy Jet, take your pic of the many of them who jumped onboard.

Geoff Dixon formerly Qantas formed Jetstar started the Australian version.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Ryan Air I think was the one that started this BS, but could have been Easy Jet, take your pic of the many of them who jumped onboard.

Yeah, one of those I think.  I was living in Germany 2006-2010 and I think that was when they started a lot of it.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

Yep...in 2006 when they started charging extra when passengers checked-in at airports rather than online.   

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, RBM said:

I went to Malaysia a few months ago on Scoot.  First the flight was an hour late leaving Cebu which caused an issue when arriving in Singapore as our next flight was only an hour layover so we were already late. Took forever to depart the plane and did not have a gate number for the next flight. As we basically ran through Singapore trying to find a board to tell us the gate I stumbled upon the gate so went in. Staff were rude saying we held up the plane bla bla. Eventually got to Malaysia and as I expected no luggage waiting for us. Filled out forms and tried to call the next day but no answer. It did turn up 2 days later.

So would I fly with them again, probably not.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

After I saw that they charge to use the overhead bin, and read the terrible reviews on Trip Advisor, I crossed Scoot off my list.

Never got an such charge when I flew? 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Never got an such charge when I flew? 

I may be mistaken.  I could swear I saw this when making a test booking, but it may have been Jetstar, or I may have been dreaming!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I could swear I saw this when making a test booking

I got curious enough to look at their fare page.  Looks like you get a small amount of carry on capacity whether you book a basic flight only or whether you book a flight + checked luggage.  Perhaps, in your test booking, you saw an option for more than 10 kg checked luggage?

temp.jpg

• Like 2