Airline

RBM
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I went to Malaysia a few months ago on Scoot.  First the flight was an hour late leaving Cebu which caused an issue when arriving in Singapore as our next flight was only an hour layover so we were already late. Took forever to depart the plane and did not have a gate number for the next flight. As we basically ran through Singapore trying to find a board to tell us the gate I stumbled upon the gate so went in. Staff were rude saying we held up the plane bla bla. Eventually got to Malaysia and as I expected no luggage waiting for us. Filled out forms and tried to call the next day but no answer. It did turn up 2 days later.

So would I fly with them again, probably not.

Thanks, the trip adviser review was also pretty bad, will check out air asia later. We will fly with carry on only nothing checked in. Wondering about our return as we have not been boosted, just a J@J one shot. No issue entering Malaysia how ever the return could be problem.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I went to Malaysia a few months ago on Scoot.  First the flight was an hour late leaving Cebu which caused an issue when arriving in Singapore as our next flight was only an hour layover so we were already late. Took forever to depart the plane and did not have a gate number for the next flight. As we basically ran through Singapore trying to find a board to tell us the gate I stumbled upon the gate so went in. Staff were rude saying we held up the plane bla bla. Eventually got to Malaysia and as I expected no luggage waiting for us. Filled out forms and tried to call the next day but no answer. It did turn up 2 days later.

So would I fly with them again, probably not.

Yeah, if I had no other choices, I might consider them for a point-to-point flight, but connecting, no.

I just don't understand how Singapore Airlines, one of the best in the world, can allow their discount arm to operate like this.  Surely they must follow the quality complaints.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Perhaps, in your test booking, you saw an option for more than 10 kg checked luggage?

I also looked at their website and also Jetstar, to see if I got them confused.  I'm serious when I say I may have dreamed this "charge for the overhead bin"!  For the past few weeks my world is all about booking flights, airbnbs, buses, trains, etc.!  :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I also looked at their website and also Jetstar, to see if I got them confused.  I'm serious when I say I may have dreamed this "charge for the overhead bin"!  For the past few weeks my world is all about booking flights, airbnbs, buses, trains, etc.!  :shock_40_anim_gif:

I know exactly how you feel, I have to spend a weekend In Sydney prior to my flight back to the Philippines, not easy to find anything under $200 a night.

By the time I was finished my head was spinning.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
On 11/1/2022 at 12:06 PM, RBM said:

Little off topic how ever wondering if any members have flown SCOOT, considering a trip to Malaysia, returning could be an issue as we have just had one J@J jab.

I used Scoot several times before the pandemic without any serious issues and I used Scoot Plus (at the front with the wider seats) to come back to Aussie a couple of months ago.  None of the trips have been a problem.

Never been charged to use the overhead lockers although (like almost every budget carrier) food and drinks are extra (yes this includes bottled water), seat selection is extra and luggage over and above the carry on amount is extra.

I tend to purchase the 'food, seat, luggage' combo option which gives me hot meals, seat selection and checked in luggage.

At no time have I had issues with baggage transfer (or me transfer) at Changi airport (but I'm always careful to leave plenty of time between connecting flights and book them as one booking).

Do NOT select any route combination which requires 'self transfer' when booking... this is a good way for things to get well and truly messed up.

• Like 3

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

My first trip with Scoot was a learning curve for me, after an hour into the flight all the young folk were getting into their bags getting fruit, snacks etc.

The crew didn’t ind one bit.

• Like 1