Probationary 13A Visa

OzeMike
Posted
Posted

My probationary 13A Visa expires 11th March next year. I know your recommended to proceed early with the finalizing paperwork from Probationary to Permanent status...maybe 2 months in advance?

I'm asking others who have gone through this process

1. How early did you submit finalizing paperwork for conversion from Probationary 13A to Permanent 13A?

2. Did you get your upgraded stamp in your passport the date straight after the Probationary expired or was there a gap if so how long?

I need to return to Australia in March next year and am thinking the 13A Probationary to Permanent status and new ACR Card could cause problems at the immigration counter.

Youngster
Posted
Posted
On 10/31/2022 at 12:09 PM, OzeMike said:

My probationary 13A Visa expires 11th March next year. I know your recommended to proceed early with the finalizing paperwork from Probationary to Permanent status...maybe 2 months in advance?

I'm asking others who have gone through this process

1. How early did you submit finalizing paperwork for conversion from Probationary 13A to Permanent 13A?

2. Did you get your upgraded stamp in your passport the date straight after the Probationary expired or was there a gap if so how long?

I need to return to Australia in March next year and am thinking the 13A Probationary to Permanent status and new ACR Card could cause problems at the immigration counter.

I dropped mine off to an agent in Manila 4 weeks before probationary expired. He submitted my paperwork at BI and paid the fees a week later and got the permanent stamped 13 days later,  or 8 days before expiration.  I remember the agent saying I could have submitted it sooner because it takes about a month for BI to process it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Youngster said:

I dropped mine off to an agent in Manila 4 weeks before probationary expired. He submitted my paperwork at BI and paid the fees a week later and got the permanent stamped 13 days later

So about 5 weeks processing for the passport stamp, how long to get your new ACR I-Card?

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 10/31/2022 at 12:09 PM, OzeMike said:

It definitely could, because they take your old card when you're applying for the new one.

• Thanks 1

Youngster
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Kingpin said:

So about 5 weeks processing for the passport stamp, how long to get your new ACR I-Card?

More like 3 weeks. I got the permanent ACR at the same time. They used the same pic from probationary ACR.  I did this in September 2021. 

Edited by Youngster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1