Any walkable places with good air quality and decent Internet speeds?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Boracay has some great walking circuits. You can walk around Mount Luho and down onto main beach and you'll be lucky to see a single vehicle.  It's a 7km circuit.  4km of which is on a stunning beach.  There's also Newcoast on Boracay which although a private resort with a few km of road is open to the public, great wide open roads in a landscaped environment and all the tricycles are etrikes on the island so no fumes. 

Every Western facility you'll want including fibre and all tricycles on the island are electric. A hospital, Mall, cinema, over 500 restaurants and a couple of markets. There's also an airport and ferry port on your doorstep.

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Colsie said:

You and Kingpin are very similar, in that both of you live in the biggest city in your province...not sure he realises he lives in a province though

You missed this part -->  Cebu has total assets worth P215.270 billion. Rizal, which has assets of P30.637 billion, came far in second place behind Cebu. - https://sugbo.ph/2022/cebu-richest-province-8th-time/

An expat from Scotland or Sweden or a rural city in the US may enjoy living outside Cebu or Manila.  My city in the US had over 8 million people, all the money and anything you want, you could have, outside or delivered. Moving to the less-developed Philippines was shock enough, I certainly wasn't going to be satisfied in a tiny city here.  But you are, and that's good enough for you:tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Moving to the less-developed Philippines was shock enough,

:popcorn::shades:

• Haha 3

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Moving to the less-developed Philippines was shock enough, I certainly wasn't going to be satisfied in a tiny city here.  But you are, and that's good enough for you:tiphat:

Don't know why you keep quoting the financial assets of Cebu city as if its a big deal (it isn't) ...it's just busy dirty congested provincial city, in a third world country. To suggest that I have chosen somewhere to live inferior to what you have chosen only makes you sound supercilious...

Like you said yourself, you'd live in Singapore if you could afford it... 

As a keen cyclist I live in rural area that allows me to cycle along the coast roads literally metres from beautiful beaches and through quaint fishing villages...done over 90,000km here over the last decade or so... 

You're more than welcome to the smoke and stench of the city traffic :tiphat:

Edited by Colsie
  • Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Colsie said:

Don't know why you keep quoting the financial assets of Cebu

I know you don't.. :whistling: Development stems from assets. Infrastructure, hospitals, utilities, resorts, malls, everything. There are only two major developed areas in the entire country.  Like every other country, these locations are the most costly places to live.  Many decide it's worth it,  like me, and many others others want a cheaper rural isolated life like you.

1 hour ago, Colsie said:

To suggest that I have chosen somewhere to live inferior

You're projecting again, I simply said everyone has to decide what's best for them, what their priorities are and what they're willing to sacrifice.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Colsie said:

makes you sound supercilious.

4 hours ago, Kingpin said:

I simply said everyone has to decide what's best for them

Sometimes both members are correct so there is no need to argue, unless you suffer from the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Haha 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Don't know why you keep quoting the financial assets of Cebu city as if its a big deal (it isn't)

I know you don't.. :whistling: 

Ouch, you changed my sentence so you could ridicule me, nice work :thumbsup:

As far as your comments about more infrastructure in the bigger cities like Cebu, its true there is more infrastructure and this comes at a higher cost in traffic congestion, monetary and air quality. I don't know if you have ever lived in a rural area, but I can tell you that over the last few years infrastructure has vastly improved with reliable electricity supply and fibre Internet, and of course online shopping means that anything can be bought and delivered to our door step. 

For someone like me, the monetary cost of city living is irrelevant, its the impact of traffic and air quality that would prevent me from living in a Philippine city again. 

Also, I doubt I would been able to build a home so easily in the city and would have had to buy a place or rent like you do. 

Anyway yes, we choose our priorities and we make our sacrifices 

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Colsie said:

Ouch, you changed my sentence so you could ridicule me

I changed your sentence to correct it, because you wrongly said "Cebu City" instead of "Cebu" :hystery:   you're way too emotional and keep getting things wrong.  I'm not going to accuse you of being a woman, yet, but you're acting like we're in a debate, and so you keep defending your choices. I'm not interested in a dull 'rural life', not in the US, not in the Philippines.  That should clear things up but I'm guessing it won't...

RBM
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Boracay has some great walking circuits. You can walk around Mount Luho and down onto main beach and you'll be lucky to see a single vehicle.  It's a 7km circuit.  4km of which is on a stunning beach.  There's also Newcoast on Boracay which although a private resort with a few km of road is open to the public, great wide open roads in a landscaped environment and all the tricycles are etrikes on the island so no fumes. 

Every Western facility you'll want including fibre and all tricycles on the island are electric. A hospital, Mall, cinema, over 500 restaurants and a couple of markets. There's also an airport and ferry port on your doorstep.

Snowy you forgot to mention a few very noisy Korean tourists........

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Colsie said:

Ouch, you changed my sentence so you could ridicule me, nice work :thumbsup:

As far as your comments about more infrastructure in the bigger cities like Cebu, its true there is more infrastructure and this comes at a higher cost in traffic congestion, monetary and air quality. I don't know if you have ever lived in a rural area, but I can tell you that over the last few years infrastructure has vastly improved with reliable electricity supply and fibre Internet, and of course online shopping means that anything can be bought and delivered to our door step. 

For someone like me, the monetary cost of city living is irrelevant, its the impact of traffic and air quality that would prevent me from living in a Philippine city again. 

Also, I doubt I would been able to build a home so easily in the city and would have had to buy a place or rent like you do. 

Anyway yes, we choose our priorities and we make our sacrifices 

Having lived some years in Cebu City and now about the same period in a smaller city here on Negros its a no brainer.

Doubt I shall even visit (except airport) Cebu again, for the reasons stated above. Here we have excepted internet, its cleaner, far less crowded and only regret is should of moved away from Cebu earlier.

• Like 3