Senior moment

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Similarly, when I lived in Beijing the car of choice for most expats with drivers was a Buick, black. Always black buicks.

Came out of a lunch, was using the phone  and got into my car. Except oops it certainly wasnt. The driver of said vehicle did a double take and he really wasnt sure what to say.

I exited and realised that there were actually 5 -6 Black Buicks all parked in a line. how was I to know... lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Been der, dun dat!  For the cart and the car!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Freebie said:

Came out of a lunch, was using the phone  and got into my car. Except oops it certainly wasnt.

My mother did that once. She went to wait in my sisters car and when my sister came back mum was in the next car of similar color. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

When the savanna orange navara's first came out my wife fell in love. I broke down and bought her one, happy wife happy life thing. After the umpteenth time of me having to tell her " that's not your truck" when we are in the parking lot we are looking for a different truck. Its all worth it in the end when I get to say "I told you so"....lol

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:whistling: On a number of occasions of late I have gone to the wrong side of the car to get in the Drivers side ( I am a brit) :bonk::hystery:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • I'm Confused 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling: On a number of occasions of late I have gone to the wrong side of the car to get in the Drivers side ( I am a brit) :bonk::hystery:

LOL, I was raised by my grandfather to always open the door for a woman, car or building. Back in 1985 when I was first stationed in Japan and out on a date I got the strangest look when i opened the door for her. After a few seconds she smiled and said so sorry i cant drive........ dam right hand drive cars.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
On 11/7/2022 at 5:25 PM, Jack Peterson said:

Actually done that earlier this morning, still makes me laugh but not completely sure the laugh is not out of mild embarrassment.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I still do it sometimes when I'm not paying attention, if I haven't stopped after all this time I doubt I ever will.

It's hard to change a lifetime habit.

• Like 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted

I still go the wrong side every so often when going to get in the driver's door.

After 60 years of UK and then Australian driving it is hard to erase right hand drive :bonk:

• Like 2