bank account for tax resident with forgein income, frozen accounts

Patryk
Posted
Posted

Hi guys, I may need one more time ask you for advice. As I have terrible experience in my past with EU banks I believe it may be worth giving it a try and create bank account here. It is convenient for me to open an account in Chinabank. The main issue is that I am getting my salary earned outside of Philippines ( in many countries -each contract is different) so as I found on BIR I own no tax here.  The question is will I need to prove it to the bank with each incoming transfer ( This is what happened in EU, making my account frozen), and more over may they ask for some document I may be unable to deliver? My worst nightmare is just confiscating all of my money and I won't be able to get it back. I am also worried that we can see a similar scenario as Cyprus deposit grab in 2013. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Patryk said:

Hi guys, I may need one more time ask you for advice. As I have terrible experience in my past with EU banks I believe it may be worth giving it a try and create bank account here. It is convenient for me to open an account in Chinabank. The main issue is that I am getting my salary earned outside of Philippines ( in many countries -each contract is different) so as I found on BIR I own no tax here.  The question is will I need to prove it to the bank with each incoming transfer ( This is what happened in EU, making my account frozen), and more over may they ask for some document I may be unable to deliver? My worst nightmare is just confiscating all of my money and I won't be able to get it back. I am also worried that we can see a similar scenario as Cyprus deposit grab in 2013. 

I have never had an issue with incoming transfers being frozen or anything like that but I recall one of our members saying he was having issues with HSBC here.   I am certain most foreigners here will be getting money sent in regularly through pensions etc without issue. 

The Philippines government get their pound of flesh when you pay tax on interest your money attracts.   

• Like 2