Vacation planning suggestions

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Joey G said:

Have you thought out exactly how your 73 year old Mom is going to legally stay in the Philippines?  Also, she won't be getting Medicare any more if she does live in the Philippines.  Have you ever checked into "A Place For Mom" (Google it)... you get free consultation....it's legit.... very helpful people... lots of options. We used it for my Dad.... it was good.

Tough decisions for sure, I wish you the best.

About 10 years ago, our American investment group met with Philippine Retirement Authority officials and the retirement trade association involved.  Our group was interested is developing a retirement facility for persons with Alzheimer.  On the issue of legal stay, the truth about persons with advance Alzheimer is their entry is one way.  The PRA as a result of our meetings, decided to promote a cheaper retirement visa.  This resulted in an offer to attract retired military personnel.  The deposit was $1,000.  One reason is military Tri-Care insurance is portable compared to Medicare. 

Many Americans have Medicare A, Medicare B and supplemental private insurance.  Medicare B payments are automatically subtracted from your Social Security payments.  If you relocate to the Philippines, the theoretical insurance savings is $5,000 to $10,000 per year.  Setting that amount aside as a special reserve, you have funds to pay medical bills.

• Thanks 2

fototek1
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the excellent responses. My wife and I were able to compromise and we will take a short 3 day vacation in Bohol and 4 days in  Coron and the rest of the time in Bataan. My mom is in excellent physical condition, its just the memory that has plagued many of my relatives in their 70's and 80's. If my memory is good enough, I will post some pictures of us when we get back. I am sure we (mom and I) will be kayaking, snorkeling, hiking and zip lining :cheersty: My wife and her mom will be sitting down eating and/or talking about eating :hystery:.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 11/12/2022 at 9:42 PM, fototek1 said:

My mom has mild dementia but still has the ability to make decisions. Most of her family members got dementia and then Alzheimer's.

If you have not heard, there might be help....

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

In case you haven't heard, people with Alzheimer's like to hear the music they grew up with. It promotes a better attitude.

• Like 2