Compulsory LTO insurance

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)

Greetings,

Does anyone have experience with 3rd party compulsory insurance here? Today I got into an accident on my motorcycle , I’m okay but have some fractures and there wasn’t an orthopedic surgeon on duty since it’s Sunday. I’m home and in much pain, walking is impossible . I know one fracture is compound because I can see the bone in the skin. Tomorrow we will try to find a bone dr.

Anyway, even though it wasn’t my fault I will be found as such according to the pnp. I was on the national road and executing a pass left of a tricycle, I horned and signaled but just as I was fairly close he did a no signal turn in my path. I started an evasive maneuver to the left by hitting the throttle hard and was still okay. That is until another tricycle appeared from a blind side street and entered my safe path in the road. I impacted the tricycle i was passing initially and the force pushed it into the other tricycle, I made impacted again and was ejected over. I severed both side cars from the impact I think partially with my torso and clipped something with my legs. No cctv anywhere just my friend behind me who saw the whole thing. His testimony apparently means squat.

Long story short, ambulance chasers were at the hospital and pnp told my brother in-law that witnesses say i was going too fast, which i wasn’t until i executed the evasive swerve. They base this on the tricycle damage but my motorcycle including myself are about 700lbs.

Unfortunately I only have compulsory.  which i know is not wise but it just comes down to difficulty getting anything done here and procrastination. I don’t care about my medical bills or my bike, i can get it fixed. My question is will insurance cover the “victims” and their  tricycles. Physically I think they are all okay, I took the brunt of the impact. They are all lawyered up and we will have a sit down when we get a call.

Good thing is I had a helmet and and armored jacket with gloves and leather boots. Neither tricycle driver had a license or registered vehicle.

Edited by Heeb
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Heeb said:

My question is will insurance cover the “victims” and their  tricycles.

Yes but only to 100.000 peso

• Like 4

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes but only to 100.000 peso

Yes I read that online, Ive always heard that’s how much it costs if you cause a death here, not sure if that’s true. The problem is once people smell some foreign money who knows who’s involved in the payouts. The tricycle driver was in the ambulance sitting by me on the gurney and said he was sorry to me but once we arrived he magically passed out and had people in his ear. The other driver was a woman and started smacking me while i laid in the road waiting for the ambulance 

Edited by Heeb
  • Sad 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, skippyscage said:

that's why I always have a GoPro running - I was in an accident a little while ago and the video evidence was overwhelming so the PNP couldn't blame me - if I didn't have it, for sure it would be my fault.

I have a gopro and a chest phone mount, both missing parts since i got back to pi so i didn’t bother. I was actually thinking to mount our dashcam somehow bit i took the windscreen off due to head buffeting. It was actually in my top box

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I’m feeling quite deflated right now, it’s just one thing after another for me here. Riding is a big part of my enjoyment in life.

• Sad 3

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Bottom line is I could have lessoned the degree of my bad situation by having better insurance and also a camera. I was never a procrastinator back home. I’ve become lazy because I don’t want to deal with the hassle of getting things accomplished here. Even now I know there a good chance we will be driving all over trying to find a bone dr on duty. Nobody will answer their phone and the nearest hospital is north 45 minutes. I could very well have to turn around and head south towards subic

Possum
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Heeb said:

Neither tricycle driver had a license or registered vehicle.

Get an attorney. If neither tricycle driver had a license or registered vehicle they shouldn't have been on the road and the accident would have never occurred. Wife's godfather is a semi-retired attorney and teaches law. He says if you have a decent attorney he would likely go after the illegal drivers to cover your medical bills and insist PNP file charges against them. But in all likelihood not much will happen. PNP initial investigation likely won't stand up without CCTV evidence. You'd be surprised how many PNP guys don't have a drivers license for anything over 2 wheels, if that. Just get treated and keep all medical bills.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Greglm said:

Get an attorney

YES>  As mentioned earlier . .

6 hours ago, Heeb said:

They are all lawyered up

Better fight fire with fire.

• Like 3