Compulsory LTO insurance

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Heeb said:

I’m feeling quite deflated right now, it’s just one thing after another for me here. Riding is a big part of my enjoyment in life.

Hope you find a doctor and mend swiftly Heeb. Don't feel down once you get the bones set and pain is controllable you'll be able to better get through this.

One good thing is that Filipino doctors are competent dealing with broken bones.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

As Greglm said, get the leg treated. 

Then lawyer up.

Then file a counter based on their lack of licence and rego.  

• Like 3

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Look like i’ve struck out on finding an orthopedist today, I should have just went to medical city clark, It’s about 2.5 hours away but i called them and they have one on duty in the mornings.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Heeb said:

Look like i’ve struck out on finding an orthopedist today, I should have just went to medical city clark, It’s about 2.5 hours away but i called them and they have one on duty in the mornings.

You tried ACE Baypointe?

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Greglm said:

He says if you have a decent attorney he would likely go after the illegal drivers to cover your medical bills and insist PNP file charges against them.

And when the trike drivers both say , as they surely will " walang pera ", then how to get blood from a stone.  Charges will amount to what.. disqualifying a driver who doesnt have a licence ?

Sadly you will problaby spend more on the attorney than you might get in return.

Hope you can get this medical situation sorted rapidly. Thats the priority.

The illegal trike drivers will be like " wala akong pakialam  meaning I dont care " not to mention " stupid poriner " Sadly but truly.

Road accidents involving a non Filipino and Pinoy  will never have a good outcome for the non Filipino. Get well first then consider further actions

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

And when the trike drivers both say , as they surely will " walang pera ", then how to get blood from a stone.  Charges will amount to what.. disqualifying a driver who doesnt have a licence ?

That's why attorney said likely nothing will happen. But having an attorney on call is never a bad idea here.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Heeb said:

Keep us posted on your recovery that's the important thing. Wishing you a swift return to full health.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

You tried ACE Baypointe?

Yes I called them at 9am after I struck out in IBA, they had one earlier. Tomorrow i’m going back to the place in san marcelino, they said they will have one available, she was in surgery today.

3 hours ago, Freebie said:

Sadly you will problaby spend more on the attorney than you might get in return.

Hope you can get this medical situation sorted rapidly. Thats the priority.

The illegal trike drivers will be like " wala akong pakialam  meaning I dont care " not to mention " stupid poriner " Sadly but truly.

Road accidents involving a non Filipino and Pinoy  will never have a good outcome for the non Filipino. Get well first then consider further actions

These are my thoughts as well. We have a meeting at the PNP at 3:30 today. The tricycle driver that initially turned into my path is an iglesia pastor and his lawyer was already there when we arrived at the hospital, I’m sure he called shortly after the accident.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Heeb said:

Yes I called them at 9am after I struck out in IBA, they had one earlier. Tomorrow i’m going back to the place in san marcelino, they said they will have one available, she was in surgery today.

These are my thoughts as well. We have a meeting at the PNP at 3:30 today. The tricycle driver that initially turned into my path is an iglesia pastor and his lawyer was already there when we arrived at the hospital, I’m sure he called shortly after the accident.

I'd be going for the double bluff, they don't know how wealthy or poor you are but I'd be making out that money isn't an issue it's getting an appology that matters and if they want to spend big money on a court case which you will win as they're uninsured or licensed, bring it on. Drop the hint the repairs to their trikes will be less than legal fees. 

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Getting treatment for your leg has to be the first priority, a compound fracture is dangerous, if it moves then it could end up severing an artery and you'll be up the creek without a paddle.

After that's sorted I'd be seeing an attourney, even if only to stop them from trying to claim damages from you.

• Like 4