Compulsory LTO insurance

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Drop the hint the repairs to their trikes will be less than legal fees. 

I guess that works both ways.  Depending what they are after, it might be cheaper to give a little cash and tell them to feck off.  This assumes there is no way to get anything out of them, so an attorney may cost more than his worth.

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I guess that works both ways.  Depending what they are after, it might be cheaper to give a little cash and tell them to feck off.  This assumes there is no way to get anything out of them, so an attorney may cost more than his worth.

I just hope the guy got his bones put back in place. Knowing how the Philippines hates pain medication I feel sorry for him. Suffering from pain seems to be a point of pride here.  Two days of swelling with broken bone and THEN getting them set? Holy cow, the pain will be terrible. I have  experienced it. Hope he didn't have a heart attack in the process.

• Sad 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/16/2022 at 5:12 AM, Greglm said:

Two days of swelling with broken bone and THEN getting them set? Holy cow, the pain will be terrible. I have  experienced it. Hope he didn't have a heart attack in the process.

This happened to my God son, he fell when climbing a tree (boys will be boys) and he stuck his hands out to break his fall (as one does).

He snapped both bones in one wrist (with enough displacement that his arm looked like a Z) and broke one bone in the other wrist.

Despite having access to funds and to a local private hospital we had to wait several days before a surgeon was available to examine the injury, take x-rays and plan the surgery and then several more before the operation could be performed.

Pain relief was limited to what we could buy at the local pharmacy (basically paracetamol) and that was just a wrist, not a leg (which is a much bigger bone), the operation turned out fine (plated and screwed which were later removed and he's fine now).

It's easy to forget sometimes that the Philippines does not have a first world health system... until you need it in a hurry.

I sincerely hope the OP has found the care he needed.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1