Abandoned US citizen found dead in Ioilo.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I just read yesterday an abandoned US citizen has been found dead in Iloilo. Apparently his wife is a nasty bit of kit. I watched a Raffy Tulfo on him and it looked like another guilible foreigner sucked into a honey trap. A long distance relationship gone wrong.

He fell in love online and came over and got married, three months into the relationship she kicked him out of the house and into a chicken coup once it became apparent she wasn't heading to the US right away, there was the compulsory local guy on the scene who she'd rather spend time with and a pregnancy with possible forged DNA test. 

https://mb.com.ph/2022/11/14/foreigner-abandoned-by-filipina-wife-found-dead-in-iloilo-city/?fbclid=IwAR0kvu-teXoS9aPze1pzJXkruvVN6KW9h4lcCoFzuYo3xn-w3tt2zXqAAxc

Major Shella Mae Sangrines, spokesperson of the Iloilo City Police Office (ICPO), said the victim was identified as Oscar Monterrosa.

A caretaker of a boarding house found the 62-year-old El Salvadorian who is an American citizen dead in the room he was renting.

Based on initial investigation by the ICPO-Molo Police Station, Monterrosa was found on the floor beside his bed.

Monterrosa had no injuries or any wounds.

Authorities ruled out foul play or that a crime was committed as money, mobile phones, and other personal belongings were untouched.

Monterrosa has allegedly not paid his rent for almost four months since he was unemployed.

It was also reported to the police that the owner of the boarding house would give the foreigner free meals.

Several years ago, Monterrosa appeared on the “Raffy Tulfo in Action” TV show and accused his estranged Filipina wife of treating him like a “dog” and not as a husband.

Monterrosa also accused her of threatening deportation if he did not clean the house or drive her around.

• Sad 6
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Several years ago, Monterrosa appeared on the “Raffy Tulfo in Action” TV show

One of many, many mistakes this dude made. I wouldn't even watch that trash.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Several years ago, Monterrosa appeared on the “Raffy Tulfo in Action” TV show and accused his estranged Filipina wife of treating him like a “dog” and not as a husband.

Too bad that he did not have an exit plan.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Kingpin said:

One of many, many mistakes this dude made. I wouldn't even watch that trash.

Sadly for many expats it's the only way they get help, it's a double edged sword though as it shows how many desperate foreigners there are out there and no doubt has led to a cottage industry in scamming as 99% of the foreigners if they applied even a little commonsense would have known they were being scammed.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I don't think he was playing with the full deck. Fell in love online, poped over and married, was treated worse than an animal and was still in love. A bit of Stockholm Syndrome going on I think. 

• Sad 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

He may have died of natural causes, 

6 hours ago, Mike J said:

Sadly, it's possible that the story details his exit plan.  

There but for the grace of god and all that.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

I have known more than a handful of expats who's exit plan was to die in the Philippines when their time came.  Perhaps he was one of them?

• Like 4

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Freebie said:

Filipinos enjoy watching what you call "trash"

Are you surprised? Jerry Springer was very popular in America too.

11 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Sadly for many expats it's the only way they get help

Like it helped Monterossa? Though in all likelihood he was beyond saving. The idea that the first Filipina you meet online is the 'right one' is as likely as the first woman you met in your own country being the right one. Unfortunately it's a mistake oft-repeated among expats, simply because that Filipina is much better than anyone in their past, so they never even realize that there are many, many, many other Filipinas better than her. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

so they never even realize that there are many, many, many other Filipinas better than her. 

Laugh icon.jpg That is Sooo true my friend