Abandoned US citizen found dead in Ioilo.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

170210202642-anna-nicole-smith-and-husba

:whistling:

True love. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, hk blues said:

170210202642-anna-nicole-smith-and-husba

:whistling:

Interesting picture, but despite his money and their age gap they died 12 years apart and she got none of it.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Interesting picture, but despite his money and their age gap they died 12 years apart and she got none of it.

Very true.

But I doubt she predicted any of that when she met and married him.  

• Like 3

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
On 11/17/2022 at 8:24 PM, hk blues said:

I'd go further and say this is another factor that leads to some people putting a target on their own back -

Mark 1:30 circa,  "I don't pop my cork for every man I see."  I guess that's the supposed deal (fidelity) that they hope to make. Some work out and some don't.

Watching an old Andy Griffith episode during supper tonight, 7 year oldOpie is told the story of Beauty and the Beast, where Beauty loves the Beast for his kind heart, and not his horrid looks. She is rewarded and receives BOTH a handsome, virile young man and his princely wealth.... "and they lived happily ever after until the end of their days."

Well, it is a fairy tale. LOL

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'm a fan of 90-Day Fiancee on Cignal TV.

There have been a few Filipina's on the show - overall, they have come across as similar to what many of us here would expect.  That said, so have the men involved!  The show is clearly designed more for entertainment than helping folk find love thus a lot of manipulation goes on but in almost every case there is a mismatch between the couples and even Stevie Wonder could see there would be issues.

For balance - One particular couple, David (USA) and Annie (Thai) seem a stable couple who love each other for what's inside more than outside - she is attractive enough but nothing special whilst David is winning no beauty contests. 

It's car crash TV but I like it!

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

We don't know all the facts in this case but it seems the victim was his own worse enemy. For those who saw the interview he was featured in did he seem mentally competent?

Old age sometimes brings on dementia or diminished capacity. I wonder how many Foreigners have been taken advantage of in those cases? We all should have financial plans for this occurrence to protect how our assets should be correctly distributed once we pass on.

Thankfully most of us are blessed with an honest loving spouse.

In the interview he came over as one of life's victims. He was articulate but even though she abused him left right and centre he had convinced himself he still loved her even though it was never reciprocated. She ordered him about, verbally abused him, kicked him out of the house to live in an old hen house and was sleeping with a Filipino, got pregnant then took over 80k off him for a DNA test which sounds like it was faked. If he never did as he was told she threatened him with deportation as she had friends in immigration.  Basically a sad lonely old man and ripe for abuse. 

• Sad 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm a fan of 90-Day Fiancee on Cignal TV.

What channel, day of week and time?  Hell, I am retired and looking for reasons to laugh and shake my head at other's mistakes.   After all, I made enough of my own. :whistling:

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

It's car crash TV but I like it!

You don't want to look but can't help yourself!  

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Mike J said:

What channel, day of week and time?  Hell, I am retired and looking for reasons to laugh and shake my head at other's mistakes.   After all, I made enough of my own. :whistling:

It's on Friday and Saturday at 9.50pm on Lifestyle channel.

And, if you're really into it there are numerous spin-offs on Discovery+ as well!

From each series of maybe 6 couples, I'd estimate 1 or 2 at most make it. Hey, that's not far from the stats for "normal" couple's!

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BrettGC said:

You don't want to look but can't help yourself!  

Worse, I both want to and can't help myself!

• Haha 1