Out of Stock! Philippine Stories

OzeMike
Posted
Posted

My favourite out of stock (but wouldn't admit it) was in a top restaurant on Dumaguete boulevard one Thanksgiving dinner with American friends. The blackboard menu proudly displayed the Turkey with Cranberry sauce and all the trimmings. When the meals came out I noticed there was no cranberry sauce so informed the waitress..she scampered into the kitchen and returned to inform us "Chef says it is in the gravy"

• Haha 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Viking said:

I was in McDonald's today to get a quick snack. I order a chicken burger meal, burger, drink and fries for 150p? I was told that they were out of fries! It's okey, I said, just give me the burger and the drink.

Yes sir, that will be 170p?

What??? Do you expect me to pay more when I get less?

Yes sir.

Well, I told them to forget it and went to Zarks burger instead.

It's not about the money to me, but I simply refuse to accept stupid things like this!

I am well aware that you get a discount when ordering a "meal" and that it will cost more if you order the items separately. But in this case I had ordered a "meal" and I was willing to pay the full meal price even without the fries but I will certainly not pay more and get less.

Call me koriput if you like 😉

It's true that buying the items individually will be more expensive than the meal but if you drop one of the meal items and order the remaining 2 it shouldn't be more expensive than the meal.  Perhaps she was upgrading your drink without asking, a favourite trick here?  

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

It's true that buying the items individually will be more expensive than the meal but if you drop one of the meal items and order the remaining 2 it shouldn't be more expensive than the meal.  Perhaps she was upgrading your drink without asking, a favourite trick here?  

Maybe that's what happened, but if it was, it didn't work out as they planned, lol.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Viking said:

Maybe that's what happened, but if it was, it didn't work out as they planned, lol.

Indeed.

I did it 3 weeks ago in McDo's.  I wanted 2 spicy chicken meals - Staff "Sorry sir, out of stock, what would you like instead"? - me "KFC."

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm still trying to get my head around McDonalds not having large fries. I tried a few times to ask why they don't just put two small bags together and charge for large fries. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm still trying to get my head around McDonalds not having large fries. I tried a few times to ask why they don't just put two small bags together and charge for large fries. 

The no large fries policy was in place during the potato shortage and to ensure all customers could at least get some fries.  Of course, there was nothing to stop someone buying 2 small fries but the policy was to discourage this. 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

The no large fries policy was in place during the potato shortage and to ensure all customers could at least get some fries.  Of course, there was nothing to stop someone buying 2 small fries but the policy was to discourage this. 

1840's Ireland?

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

1840's Ireland?

Not as developed as that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Here in the province Maccas doesn’t have any Ham for the breakfast thingies.