G Cash Licensed Rip Off

RBM
Posted
Posted

Over the years my partner has used the above for small purchases. Until recently no issues how ever nothing has been over P500.

Recently we (Huge Mistake) we applied for PLDT as DITO our main provider was becoming unreliable. After jumping through the usual hurdles we received a text from PLDT asking us for our first payment prior to installation (still waiting), my partner transferred the P1300. from BPI

This amount did not appear in G Cash, after a few days using the app she sent pics of the confirmed transfer, plus many texts, all which went unanswered of course. No way to call them and no office, a friend of our also lost P2000 in a similar manner.

As we really wanted the PLDT connection she tried again and it went through, makes me wonder how often the occurs and its seems deliberate as there is no recourse except just do not avail of their service...or lack of.

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, RBM said:

After jumping through the usual hurdles we received a text from PLDT asking us for our first payment prior to installation (still waiting), my partner transferred the P1300. from BPI

Is this normal for a text from PLDT for payments? 

GCash contact and possible help, https://www.gcash.com/customer-protect-terms-and-conditions#:~:text=a.-,If you believe that an Unauthorized Transaction has occurred in,in our GCash Help Center.

RBM
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes thanks, the payment was a transfer from BPI bank to G Cash which never appeared in G Cash.  She has sent the copy of the bank statement saying payment successful to that link  you provided many times, zero acknowledgment. Also to countless other G Cash centers on the App.

The reason for the transfer was to pay PLDT for installation.....

• Sad 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I transferred P3000 to my Gcash account a while back, but it didnt show as credited to my Gcash account. contacted them via their online "help" and followed that up with a few other messages showing transfer reference and 3 days later the amount showed as credited to my account.

Hope you eventually get it resolved.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Of course you double checked the Gcash number was correct on the first one?  One digit off and it might go to the wrong place.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Freebie said:

I transferred P3000 to my Gcash account a while back, but it didnt show as credited to my Gcash account. contacted them via their online "help" and followed that up with a few other messages showing transfer reference and 3 days later the amount showed as credited to my account.

Consider yourself very fortunate as we did same many times through help desk. No success, over a week now so just going to write it off.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, RBM said:

Consider yourself very fortunate as we did same many times through help desk. No success, over a week now so just going to write it off.

You should contact BPI not Gcash as they never received it so it will credit back to BPI.

Edited by Kingpin
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Freebie said:

Off topic but interesting.  Actually it would be a debit to your account.  A debit is an increase to an account, a credit is a reduction to an account.  A bank vice-president explained that to me over beers one night.  I was surprised and asked how many people know that.  He said almost all non-accountant type folks, like me, get it wrong but the clerks are told not explain or correct the customers.   "We want the clerks to serve our customer needs, not teach them to be accountants."   

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

A debit is an increase to an account, a credit is a reduction to an account.

I just turned 66 and that maybe the first time I ever heard that. Never too old to learn.

But why does 99.9 of the population think that debits are balance reductions and credits are balance increases.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Freebie said:

But why does 99.9 of the population think that debits are balance reductions and credits are balance increases

Most folks don't understand double entry accounting and also the word debit seems like debt is my best guess. In addition banks call ATM cards debit card but how many people use debit cards to deposit money?

• Like 1