Positive surprise

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Viking said:

When I was at Wilcon in another matter, I explained my problem and to my surprise they told me, No problem sir, bring it here and we fix it for free!

No receipt needed?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Viking said:

nothing fancy but good quality, that could be fixed when broken.

Very easy to replace the part inside so a new one was never required. But it was good of them to fix it for you. 

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Kingpin said:

No receipt needed?

Nope, they never asked for it, but as a coincidence I found the receipt yesterday. I payed 850 p for that faucet in January 2018.

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Very easy to replace the part inside so a new one was never required. But it was good of them to fix it for you. 

That's true, but they actually changed more parts than the gasket I had to pay. I was surprised that I didn't had to pay for that as well 👍

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

I found the receipt yesterday. I payed 850 p for that faucet in January 2018.

That's amazing.  Not so much the price but the fact the numbers on the receipt have not faded to invisible after 5 years.  I was at the point where I took a picture of important receipts as I swear they print them with dissappearing ink.

• Like 4

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That's amazing.  Not so much the price but the fact the numbers on the receipt have not faded to invisible after 5 years.  I was at the point where I took a picture of important receipts as I swear they print them with dissappearing ink.

I was surprised myself that it was still readable. Found it in a plastic bag inside of our wardrobe with some other papers. Many were unreadable, but not all.

Was wrong on the price, I paid 968p.IMG_20221208_130259587.jpg

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This.

In fact, the last couple of things I've bought in SM Electrical the staff have actually advised me to take a photo.  When I was in the UK, and Hong Kong, the receipts (even bank withdrawal slips) lasted for years, here 6 months?  I actually found an old HMV receipt in a CD case a few months back - 18 years old and, whilst faded, was legible enough for me to know it was 18 years ago! 

• Like 1