Immigration woes, I dont want to play anymore

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Once allowed entry the 36 month is not at their discretion unless one breaks any laws. Tourist are allowed to stay up to 36 months.

Renewing at a different office could just bring up the same issue if they read the info on ones file. I will see what happens next time.

– Extensions of stay are a matter of grace which should be strictly interpreted and it is not a ministerial duty on the part of the Commissioner to extend the stay of temporary visitor. Thus, the grant or denial of applications for extension of stay is subject to the Commissioner’s exercise of sound discretion based on reciprocity and dictates of public policy and public welfare.

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/Issuances/2013/December2013/sbm 2013-003.pdf

• Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

From memory twice they demanded to see my old passport in the 6 or so years of being here. I am not sure if a new passport has the same number as the old and will have to try to find my old to check it out. I guess my name will always be in their system anyway.  As I said I dont think I will have an issue with this until next visa run so will have to figure something out at the time.

If fact I am married so the other option is to ask the wife to apply for a 13a. Wish I had of known during the pandemic that no interviews were required for 13a which would have made it easy but now she would have to come from Zamboanga for the interviews. I dont think she would have an issue in doing it for me as we chat often but if her and the GF start arguing again she has me by the balls as she could report that we have seperated so the 13a would not apply anymore. 

Given this circumstance IMHO it would be most unwise to pursue a 13a.

The SRRV maybe your best option, especially if you have spent time in military, its worth noting the deposit is refundable, my friend whom did it  said it was completed without hassle.

Another alternative which I would not suggest, over stay, there are several people I know well whom are doing exactly this,  of course it means your restricted to Philippines unless taking a back door. One acquaintance was charged in a barangay hearing, no agreement so it proceeded to court. He was fined lightly as such a silly charge, at no time was his immigration status mentioned.

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

If I were you id go on a long trip.. month or two in Cambodia Vietnam Laos etc ( assuming thats affordable. ). That meansb to Immigration that you are no longer a permanent tourist and should wipe the slate clean of you taking short visa runs. Clearly they have you marked as a 36 month tourist and thats going to prove to be more and more difficult in future for you.

Dont have anyting to do with a 13a with an old/ ex wife. We all know that they filled with drama and gossip ( even if you think you still get on well )  and not wise to go down that avenue as she becomes effectively your sponsor. Not a good place to be.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well if I recall at the airport last time the officer said, besides it will be cheaper

Of course they did.  Unlike the 9a, SRRV and 13a means you're generally locked in as a financial asset.

10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

she could report that we have seperated so the 13a would not apply anymore. 

Legally separated, in court, by a judge. Which as most know, can take years, more than enough time to secure an SRRV if you ever end up with that kind of wife. And that's assuming you agree to the separation, because if you don't, it isn't valid and has no effect on 13a at all.

Edited by Kingpin

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, RBM said:

The SRRV maybe your best option, especially if you have spent time in military, its worth noting the deposit is refundable, my friend whom did it  said it was completed without hassle..

Did they downgrade to 9a? Or just exit the country

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Freebie said:

If I were you id go on a long trip.. month or two in Cambodia Vietnam Laos etc ( assuming thats affordable. ). That meansb to Immigration that you are no longer a permanent tourist and should wipe the slate clean of you taking short visa runs. Clearly they have you marked as a 36 month tourist and thats going to prove to be more and more difficult in future for you.

May not work since there are already notations in the database that the person is a 36 months tourist.  Going away one or two months won't erase it.  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

The problem with the 13a would not so much be that you are not legally separated but that you were separated at the time of applying so the visa was not issued in good faith.  Of course, this information may never get out but it's still a risk so it's a ticking bomb.

If you have the cash for the SRRV that's probably the way to go as you're now on the radar so another ticking bomb in terms of Tourist Visa.  

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

As I have mentioned in other topics before, both times on returning from a visa run l was given a hard time at the airport and told to get a permanent visa such as SRRV. 

Today I went to do my  third extension since my last visa run and my GF was with me as I cant see the small print on the form and usually cant hear what they say so she's my guide. Old age eh!

Anyway handed filled in form and passport to officer and we sat down. Not long later the female officer called my Gf over but not me. Apparently asked her who she was. Asked her if I work then asked GF if she worked. She said that I dont work and yes she does and they asked where? She said a call center and they asked for ID. At about that time they waved me over. GF said she has ID but work ID is at home. They told her to go and get a copy of her ID. I'm thinking why do they want that and what's it got to do with them and its my visa and she is a resident so WTF but I bit my tongue and kept quiet.

I then get asked how long am I here for and I said I dont know. Officer then says that an immigration officer told me to get a permanent visa and you have not done so. ( must be noted on the computer file ) I said I have only been back 4  months or so and besides I have 36 months to do so. She said I should get an SRRV. I said I plan to do so but havent got to it yet.

Why are they so pushing for a SRRV and as far as I know the law is still the same where I can stay for 36 months and as long as I leave the country there is no law to say that I cant come back and do it all again but seems they are cracking down on permanent tourist like myself.

I really think at this point they cant force me to do anything as I pay my fees and will have a new ARC card so Im legal as a tourist although l will be dreading the next extension. 

:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Which office is this?

Do you mind if I anonymously post part of this on an Angeles City Expat FB group and ask if anyone has experienced this?  I will post the feedback here.  There are a lot of guys posting about visa runs and I don't recall hearing about this hassle coming back in.

Happy that this did not happen when I did my my 36 month visa run.  Very stressful!

How about if you use an agent for the next visa extension?  They don't cost much and they are buddy buddy with BI employees.  Less stress for you.  I kinda know one of the agents in Angeles as I used his highly recommended van service.

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

How about if you use an agent for the next visa extension?

Good advice, I use an agency for 13a and 9a long before that, there were times I didn't even see my own passport for years. They won't help at airport arrivals though, this is from a few years ago and it's only gotten worse:

4etF1uI.png

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Good advice, I use an agency for 13a and 9a long before that, there were times I didn't even see my own passport for years. They won't help at airport arrivals though, this is from a few years ago and it's only gotten worse:

4etF1uI.png

You reminded me of something else I was going to say.  The scrutiny of the GF was probably sniffing around to see if they could find out JGF is working on a tourist visa. Trying to find out how they live, etc.

• Like 1