Boganvilleas

Possum
Posted
Posted

50+ ?? In a couple of years they will keep you very occupied just keeping them under control even if you didn't pee on them. Good luck on finding a virgin for pee comparison.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

The other day we went to the nursery to look for more plants, as if fifty isn't enough

50 boganvilleas or 50 plants in general?  You know they spread like lantana in this climate mate?

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks Brett, 50 boganvillea plants plus other plants as well. As the photo shows we are not planting them in the ground but will keep them in them in the pots so we can keep them in check.

Gotta have something to do in retirement mate.

56B28C81-7825-4421-B06D-5FCBA0458B4A.jpeg

835F4EC0-503A-4F80-927F-5DD82F02B3CC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Brett, the second photo is a shaped Bogie that I saw on my morning walk while I was in Grafton a month ago, an inspirational photo of what I want to do with the potted plants.

I went back to Aussie for my annual check up courtesy of DVA and my gold card, seeing I had lots of time I caught the XPT from Sydney up to Grafton and the later up to Tweed Heads, bloody great catching train’s don’t have to arrive at the station 3 hours before departure, none of that crap. And we travel free in first class as veterans.

Cheers mate.

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Thanks Brett, 50 boganvillea plants plus other plants as well. As the photo shows we are not planting them in the ground but will keep them in them in the pots so we can keep them in check.

Gotta have something to do in retirement mate.

56B28C81-7825-4421-B06D-5FCBA0458B4A.jpeg

835F4EC0-503A-4F80-927F-5DD82F02B3CC.jpeg

Love the space you have around your place.

Our has become more cramped for every year that passed, because the land was inheritance and split among the siblings.

The good thing is that it now can't be more cramped than it already is!!!😂

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/10/2022 at 12:05 PM, Onemore52 said:

She suggested that we start peeing on them,

Might be a good thing she didn't suggest to crap in the pot.

• Haha 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Might be a good thing she didn't suggest to crap in the pot.

And we're back to that again... Same as @OnMyWay's thread about ant bites...

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 12/9/2022 at 8:05 PM, Onemore52 said:

For the members that have replied to my question about Boganvilleas, might find this of interest:

The other day we went to the nursery to look for more plants, as if fifty isn't enough, anyway I  mentioned to the lady there that our plants are not looking that healthy especially with all the rain we have had.

She suggested that we start peeing on them, which she does to give the plants a boost, sounds very erotic in a bent sort of way, as she is quite attractive so my mind started to wonder as we were standing there.

Anyway I have found another reason to drink as the plants have been rejuvenated, it actually works something about phosphorous in our urine, I don't know if virgins have more or not, I will look for a virgin and give a test.

A WORD OF WARNING : We have a big property and my drinking area where the bogies are is not near the house for obvious reasons.

Urine is known as a cheap fertilizer and there are NGOs in Africa encouraging their use.  It is too strong to apply directly like peeing.  Best result is one to eight parts water dilution.  If your plants are in pots, you need to purchase nightcrawlers (earthworms) to aerate the soil.  

• Like 2