SIM Card Registration - Updated Information and The Procedure

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

OK so how so you load that selfie onto the Form?

This is what I did - took the pic(s) with my phone, emailed the pics to myself (bluetooth will also work) then saved the pics to my PC.  Logged onto the Globe website using PC and uploaded the file to the website.  

There may be easier ways i.e. using the PC camera instead of smartphone to remove a couple of steps but I couldn't be bothered trying!

• Thanks 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, jimdones said:

And if I leave the country for a while (meaning my SIM will be deactivated), can I re-activate the same number when I get back? That's the big question.. probably not and that's a shame.

Definitely Not.

Once deactivated there will be no reactivation for any of us - at least that's what they are saying but that might just be a tactic to get us all to register.  I wouldn't assume it is just a tactic though!  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

Tourist are not required to buy a Philippine cell phone and then registrar their SIM card right? I have a Filipina friend that has multiple sim cards registered so I just gave her my sim card and she added it to her registred cards already. Big Brother doesnt need all my info. Keeping it moving.

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
On 1/20/2023 at 2:29 PM, hk blues said:

This is what I did - took the pic(s) with my phone, emailed the pics to myself (bluetooth will also work) then saved the pics to my PC.  Logged onto the Globe website using PC and uploaded the file to the website.  

There may be easier ways i.e. using the PC camera instead of smartphone to remove a couple of steps but I couldn't be bothered trying!

I quit procrastinating and registered my Globe sim yesterday.

Here's a few suggestions.

When you go on the Globe website they ask for the usual. Name address, phone number etc. You fill out that form and then go to the documentation part.

They want 3 things.

A photo proving your address. I used my driver's license..

A copy of your passport page.

A copy of your residence visa. I used my SRRV.

They will not accept any photo over 4MB so edit your photos. Eliminate any borders to get them below 4MB. Do all this before you access the registration website and it will avoid a lot of aggravation. It was really easy once I got my photos down to size.

After that you get a text reply saying you are registered.

Later if you want to make some disparaging remarks deal in criminal behavior etc  just check the phone guys on the streets, they'll sell you a burner. SIM card registration is like gun registration in the Philippines. Only the law abiding participate.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
hk blues
Posted
Posted

I see they are now considering extending the deadline as only 25% of Sims have been registered.  No surprise there but do they really think that extending the deadline will make any difference - when you have been given 4 months to do something which takes 5 minutes will have an extra 3 months make any difference - of course it won't! People here (and elsewhere) work to the deadline anyway whatever it may be.

The downside of extending the deadline is it yet again underpins the culture of manana and general malaise when it comes to getting things down.

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

only 25% of Sims have been registered.

Not surprising considering this

On 2/6/2023 at 2:06 AM, Greglm said:

A photo proving your address.

I welcome all extensions, if I have to register I'll be the last.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 1/20/2023 at 10:36 AM, GeoffH said:

I can still add peso to the SIM at the sari sari across the street or probably online with Grab pay.

If you have a Philippines bank account most have a load option on online banking. You can even top up phone in the Philippines through Worldremit from other countries. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I went to register my 2 SIM cards this morning, after chasing down the GOMO SIM registration FAQ it just said (paraphrasing) "Because you have logged onto our GOMO web site with genuine information you are considered to be registered, if we need any further information we will contact you"... that was easy :mocking:

The SMART SIM card did have a web page and required photos of ID so I didn't do that one yet as I didn't have the relevant information readily available.

• Like 1

gabgab
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you have a Philippines bank account most have a load option on online banking. You can even top up phone in the Philippines through Worldremit from other countries. 

You can also top up with lazada, no fees.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

The SMART SIM card did have a web page and required photos of ID so I didn't do that one yet as I didn't have the relevant information readily available.

I had problems with registering my smart sim card, so I took to the mall and a Smart rep did it for me.

Globe I did it myself.

• Like 2