Girlfriends family

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

I actually do think people are more honourable in the province or in small towns.

Or just more shy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 1/8/2023 at 10:30 AM, hk blues said:

8 years in and zero requests for 'money gifts'  or the like. Sure, infrequent requests for loans but I mean LOANS which were ALWAYS paid back as agreed.

After spending time with my wife's brother in Melbourne, I might be the one asking for gifts!  :hystery:  No need though, because they gave us so much stuff that they had to give us a suitcase to take it back in!

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Or just more shy

Did you mean shy or sly?  Asking for a friend. :popcorn:

Edited by Old55
  • Haha 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Viking said:

However, my wife has been a bit soft before, but now all expenses go through me and if someone wants anything they have to ask me. 

This is how we operate too, Viking.  Not so much by my insistence but my wife doesn't like to handle money as she's a little paranoid about losing stuff.  So, by default if anyone wanted to borrow they'd have to go through her and then to me anyway.  She has asked me numerous times to lend to neighbours and once to a family member and we both know the score - the 1st time the loan isn't repaid will also be the last. 

The 1st time I met one of my BIL's he started the discussion around finishing the family home building - I killed that dead on the spot by saying that she had got the house to its' present state single-handedly and now it was theirs to get over the finishing line.  No further discussion was needed - he had tested the waters, discovered it was choppy, and left it at that.  It set the necessary tone for money chat. 

• Like 4