Three Wheelers

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, BrettGC said:

We were out in it for about 20 mins on both concrete and bitumen roads of varying conditions.

You mention that road noise is not bad.  This has the single cylinder diesel engine?   If yes, I am wondering about diesel engines can be quite noisy.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Mike J said:

You mention that road noise is not bad.  This has the single cylinder diesel engine?   If yes, I am wondering about diesel engines can be quite noisy.

The model we drove was petrol mate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

The model we drove was petrol mate. 

There is a friendly American guy Mike, he owns Burger an Beers in San Carlos. I remember he has or had one of these trikes and would be happy to share his views by FB or otherwise.

Are they a China import and assembled here?  If so may explain why locals prefer the motor cycle like Yamaha for tricycle.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Are they a China import and assembled here?  If so may explain why locals prefer the motor cycle like Yamaha for tricycle.

Bajaj and TVS are Indian companies that make both trikes and motorcycles (Kawasaki Philippines sell some of the Bajaj motorcycles in the Philippines, don't think TVS do).

Piagio are an Italian company that makes LCVs, scooters and trikes... not sure where the trikes are made (but it isn't Chinese owned).

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, RBM said:

There is a friendly American guy Mike, he owns Burger an Beers in San Carlos. I remember he has or had one of these trikes and would be happy to share his views by FB or otherwise.

Thanks mate, I'll look him up.  

I see a lot of Rusi trikes as well; Chinese made, built here. 

6 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Bajaj and TVS are Indian companies that make both trikes and motorcycles (Kawasaki Philippines sell some of the Bajaj motorcycles in the Philippines, don't think TVS do).

Piagio are an Italian company that makes LCVs, scooters and trikes... not sure where the trikes are made (but it isn't Chinese owned).

Piaggio trikes sold in Asia are made in India as well.  Coincidence?  Same factory maybe?  Given a population of over 1 billion now, the chances are slim.. Just conjecture of course. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

My wife had never driven and I knew teaching her would be stressful for both of us so I paid for a driving course.  We were having dinner after her first lesson and she said; "I didn't know that you had to use your feet to  move or stop."   After the class was finished and she had a learners permit, I would ride shotgun in our Buick Park Avenue.  Going home on a nice straight 4 lane road, speed limit is 30 mph as we are in town.  The right turn I normally take is coming up but wife is not slowing down so I figure she is going a another 1/2 mile or so to the next right.   Suddenly she cranks the wheel, almost slides around the corner and the right front tire actually goes up onto the sidewalk after the turn!  I have to reach over, grab the wheel, and get the front end back on the pavement.  I ask her what happened.  She said; "You always tell me to maintain my lane.  The sign said 30 mph and I thought I had to maintain my speed".  :Caught::Caught::Caught:

I don't understand how my wife got a full driving licence. She studied the computer course and passed comfortably, took a medical passed that, then got a full driving licence.

Now she wants to drive my car. No way She's going to drive on the main Rd. I said I pay for a crash course. (Pardon the pun.)

• Haha 3