Three Wheelers

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

When my mother in law was in the process of getting a US driver's license she always got nervous during the road test. After she failed the 4th time the examiner made me promise to work with her more and went ahead with granting her a license.

I wouldn't trust her at big city driving but she turned out to be a very safe small city driver.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 1/7/2023 at 6:28 AM, Mike J said:

My wife had never driven and I knew teaching her would be stressful for both of us so I paid for a driving course.  

Actually not at all stressful, recently taught my partner and was surprised how stress free it was...apart from the reversing. As explained to me, as she has not lived outside the country and only knows how locals drive its issue half solved. 

Reversing into a parking slot is quite another story, the quickest and easiest way........

Buy a toy car  with peddles, fit exterior mirrors, keep her at it, after a few days it sinks in.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, RBM said:

Actually not at all stressful, recently taught my partner and was surprised how stress free it was . . .

I guess you have not met my wife or seen her drive. :hystery:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

My partner, L, has driven only a short and very short distance  a while. She frightens me because she she is easily distracted.. She has a legitimate drivers' license., but has no clue to how to drive in the city. So I let her drive here and there on the local roads. I always need Tanduay after our short rides...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

She has a legitimate drivers's license., but has no clue to how to drive in the city.

She is not alone 😉

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

The physical driving of the car is not super difficult, although she sometimes struggles with that a bit. She just needs more time to adjust to being a driver rather than a gawker...... Always the same for new drivers. It's the insane motorcycle, jeepney and taxi drivers that frighten me - and her - the most. I have a motorcycle but have not driven it in years now. I think the tricycle idea is brilliant! I could cruise over to the new NCCC, stock up with everything and then return here in less than an hour. I like those enclosed tricycles - they make a whole lot of sense to me. I may just get one so I don't use the small SUV Mazda any more...

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

3 and 4 wheel vehicles at less than half the price of the Piaggo and Bajaj options.  Granted, speeds are limited to about 35-40km/h but ideal for us running around town.  

Discussion of the 3 and 4-wheeled variants (golf buggy type) begins at approx the 9:40 mark. 

E-Bikes

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1